Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best pre-extention haircut?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best pre-extention haircut?
    Posted: June 17 2005 at 8:57am

I'm in between extentions right now, but getting ready to put in a new set once my shrinkies get here and I've got Fina's hair dyed to match my own. My own hair is a bit ragged from stripping out the black I had been wearing for a while, so I need a trim. I'm just curious if there are any shapes for haircuts in particular you all have found successful in providing a based for extentions that help them to blend most seamlessly with your own hair. I don't want to take off much length - for obvious reasons

(here is a link to my old extentions thred. has pics of the length of my hair. They're not too far off from how my hair looks now. http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30838 &KW=sansconformist )

jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:32am
That looks really good, I haven't tried doing my own yet but will defo give it a go. How did you attach the wefts? any pics would be great. also whats Fina's & wawa ?
*jodie*
   X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:50am
lol, hi Jodie. Thanks for the compliment :) That round was bonded with Liquid Gold. "Fina's" is a batch of human hair many of us went in on from a member here, FinaFina, and WaWa is a brand of synth hair known as thermofiber which can withstand much higher temperatures than normal synth, making it suitable for those of us who like to use hot tools. I don't have any pics of the application process, but if you search the Black Hair boards, you'll probably find plenty; bonded weft is a common application method over there. Cheers!
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:48pm
w00t i just bought lg and remover and i'm installing straight wawa wefts
too.
i think the hair cut you have blended well with the extensions. maybe jsut
trim the ends?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:42pm
I still really like that install.

I really don't know about hair cuts.  I have kinda given up on worrying about the look of my natural hair cause I don't forsee a time in the near future I won't be wearing extensions of some sort.

But that said I put some choppy layers in the front of mine before I installed last time.  I think I cut them  little too short but I just blended the fake hair to match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:57pm
AmethystKat, overall, I think that cut blended well, but it was pretty heavily razored in the back, and while that works for blending, it's a bit hard on my hair in other ways. I was thinking about switching to blunter layers to make growing it out easier, but didn't know how well that would blend, by comparison.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 3:26pm
I always find that layered hair is way easier to blend that bluntly-cut hair. They don't have to be razored layers, just some sort of tapering so that your hair doesn't all end at the same length.

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic