Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Install
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:29pm
Thanks everyone!!  I am still loving it, I did see my stylist on Saturday and showed her what I did, and she agreed that it looked alot better.  I think half of the problem was she really doesn't know anything about extensions, except that you can make alot of money doing them.  But if she does them like she did mine, she will go broke oh man, did I say that outloud?????  Anyways, I told her that next time she does them, to call me and I will show her what I did.  Cuz now I have all the experts behind me giving me great advice!!!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 1:15pm
looks fantastic!!!!
i love plastikhaar
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 12:22pm
GS, you did a super job w/your hair!  Looks great!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:14pm

i use this wand, it works great! its dual sided no temp control but it gets really hot.

your hairdresser should of never let you leave with your hair half done. i would go back and show her your hair after YOU did it.

You did a great job

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:51pm
Thanks i'll go ahead and order.
*jodie*
   X
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:50pm
This wand is dual sided, but does not have a temp control.  It shrinks Amms Shrinkies super fast, and I have had great sucess with it.
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:37pm

Thanks for that Sherrie !

Do you know if they are dual side heated? I've just been on the site but there's no info

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:18am
Wow! You did a great job and your hair looks beautiful! I'd go back to that hairdresser and show her "your install". What is she whacked to lead you believe that she did a good job? I've left many a hair salon knowing my hair didn't look right but when everyone at the salon says it looks so good, you start to think mabey it's you. Until you get home and look in the mirror and start screaming!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 5:42am
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 5:25am

Hi '

i've just tried thelink for the heat wand, i'ts not found, could anyone check it out for me and post another link?

cheers

*jodie*
   X
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 5:12am

WOW !!

I can't believe your stylist actually let you leave like that, You had no hair !! juov'e made an excellent job fixing it, looks great. Did you tell her you had to finish the job?

*jodie*
   X
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:21pm

Thanks everyone, I have been feeling a little self conscience this weekend, but now that the experts have seen it, and have given me their "nod" of approval I feel so much better!!

I wish I would have found this board a long time ago, and then tried DIY.  I would have saved soooooooooo much $$$$, I have tried all kinds of "quick fixes" it's pathetic!!  Now, I vow to be long, and thick forever!!!!!  It's so liberating!!!  Almost like skinny dipping!!  Ok, maybe I have gone a little overboard.

One thing I do find myself doing now, is wanting to add more hair, or add some highlights or, or, or..............

Yes, I am a hair addict........And I love it!!!

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 9:41pm
Wow I cant believe she left it so thin.But what you did to fix it looks ten times better.It looks really good now.I wouldnt go back to that stylist for any kind of extensions.Now that you know you can do it yourself.And do a great job of it too.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 9:08pm
You sure did. Good job!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 9:06pm
I'm not seeing any line now.

sure before you added the second hundred but I think it looks great

Though the front and side shots are less forgiving so if there is aproblem, which I think you are saying there is, that's where we'd see it.

also a little layering can goa long way in blending.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:49pm
gs....it looks great now. You did a fantastic job. I do agree that there was definitely not enough hair before and Im shocked that your stylist thought so. But it looks like you did a fine job fixing it!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:29pm

oh BTW my stylist thought that I looked good when I left her chair.  I think that I look horrible!!!

It took her 3 hrs to put in 98 tips,  and it took me another 3 hours to put in 100+/- more, by myself and in a mirror!!!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:26pm

Ok here are the pics.  My stylist has the before shot and her cammera is not compatible to my computer without alot of monkey business.  So, I have the shots of when I came home from the salon, and then after I put probably another 100 tips in. 

As you can see in the top picture, it doesn't look like I have any hair.  It is about 98 tips in.  YUCK!!!  My hair is just above my shoulders and layered so that I could "flip" the ends up.

The bottom pic shows after I added probably another 100 tips, but I have not cut it and you can see the line of my "head hair" and my extended hair.  What should I do???  If I flat iron it, it looks better, but if I just let it dry (like as shown in the pic) there is a definate line.

I only used 12" hair, I think that I will go longer next time!!!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 7:24pm
that wand is identical to the one I have, that I paid much more for. I think that its a great buy. I had emailed that company for the info and posted it awhile back, so just to say it again....I dont think anyone would be disappointed with that wand. The only thing it doesnt have that I like is a temperature control.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 6:36pm

Jodie-- I have before, after, and then really after pics that I am working on uploading.  The wand that I am using is from Wimex.  It cost me $40 and that included shipping.  It works like a dream!!!

www.salon.wimexbeauty.com

try that link.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic