Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dropped the pounds but..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mark9159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark9159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dropped the pounds but..
    Posted: June 18 2005 at 9:45am

okay...im a 16 y/o, 5'11", and 157 pound male. During football this year, i was 175 and pretty muscular..but thats cuz i had practice twice a day. I used to be 190 before i joined football three years ago.

okay now to the point. Yeah, i see a HUGE difference from when i was 190. But i feel like its not enough. I see other guys who are 155-170 and are skinnier looking than me. i dont get it...do i just have big bones? my chest is quite large...but my waist is quite small-ish (i wear a size 30).

do i just need to lose more weight? or am i just permenantly not going to look any skinnier? im now lifting weights and running 2 miles a day at 7.5 mph.

is it just genetics?

this is quite frustrating

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:41pm
Are you joking?  No you dont need to lose more weight.157lbs for 5'11 is quite small.Sounds like you have added extra muscle which would explain the bulk.If you dont want to look so thick cut down on your workouts.Maybe lighten your weight load.?Besides you dont want to be too skinny.Where girls seem to be praised for looking waifish guys are given crap for looking too scrawny.Plus you have to keep in mind everyone carries weight different.
DIPLOMAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIPLOMAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:51pm

Son, keep Da weight training going; gain muscle mass to even yourself. While you weight train, go on a diet to nurish your muscles and to keep un-wanted fat off. Drink plenty of water, stop drinking soda and soft drinks, they don't do anything but dehydrate you and they contain too many simple sugars and NaCl. Simple sugars can't be broke down any further so your body stores it as cellulose which = fat; the more NaCl you have in your body, the more water weight you carry which bloats up your stomach and make more sluggish.

Just eat right, instead of candy, have eat fruit in moderation. Try to Cut back on butter, or try not to eat it at all, it loaded with fat and salt, I gareente you lose 5 from not eating anything with butter in a week. oo And one more thing, Since we are men, cut back on dairy products, men can not directly digest lactose, which is a sugar women and children can easily burn off. 

I hope you found some help within my ramblings

KING JAFFE JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic