Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glossary of Hair Cutting Terms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myampris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myampris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glossary of Hair Cutting Terms
    Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:15am
Glossar of Haircutting Terms: does anyone know if such a glossary exists? 
Going from one region of the country to another, I've found that well-defined terms used by my old stylist are not what the stylists in this area understand those terms to mean. 

It's about like asking for an apple and getting a plum instead.  Then getting treated to a dumb look when you say "no, I asked for an apple".  To which the befuddle stylist replies, "why yes, I gave you an apple - see how purple it is...."
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 2:57am
I saw a glossary online once, but I don't think it's very helpful, because while reading it I wasn't sure I agreed with all the definitions -_- .  I don't think there exists any uniform set of terms to make an accurate glossary from.
More awesome than a manatee!
myampris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myampris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 10:33am
What a shame - perhaps that explains so much of the confusion when going from one stylist to another.  I bet someone could make a bundle selling a book of terms - if they could survive the sheer aggravation of pinning down the defs in the first place, that is....
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 12:42am

The terms vary in different parts of the country.

Pictures speak a thousand words, use them.

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic