Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aeneas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeneas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: June 18 2005 at 11:40am
ok I just dyed my hair, and got some dye on my hands and along my hair line, and it won't come off! I've tried everything!!!!

what can I do to get it off????
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 7:35pm
Try using some dish soap (just make sure you don't get it in your hair and be sure to moisturize your skin afterwards). If that doesn't work, try not to worry. That sort of thing usually rinses away in a day or two. Keep us posted and good luck. 
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 9:20am

Toothpaste will do the trick. No kidding. It is a tip I picked up about 5 years ago and (so far) has worked every time. Toothpaste is abrasive enough to remove the dye but not so abrasive it will harm your skin.

Regular toothpaste will work (doesn't have to be a special type). Just use a small dab on your finger and GENTLY rub the stained area. Rinse with lukewarn water. You might have to do it more than once.

In the future, I recommend using Vaseline to protect your skin from the dye. A thin layer around the hairline will prevent staining.

Good luck!

Merlin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Merlin Merlin wrote:

Toothpaste will do the trick. No kidding. It is a tip I picked up about 5 years ago and (so far) has worked every time. Toothpaste is abrasive enough to remove the dye but not so abrasive it will harm your skin.

Regular toothpaste will work (doesn't have to be a special type). Just use a small dab on your finger and GENTLY rub the stained area. Rinse with lukewarn water. You might have to do it more than once.

In the future, I recommend using Vaseline to protect your skin from the dye. A thin layer around the hairline will prevent staining.

Good luck!

oooooo...That's a good one.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 8:16pm
Toothpaste can also be used to remove varnish from silver.

They ain't kidding when they say "do not swallow"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 2:19pm
wet ciggeratte ashes.

A client told me about it so I had to find some to try since I do not smoke....and ta-da...it worked.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by LiliBeach LiliBeach wrote:

wet ciggeratte ashes.

A client told me about it so I had to find some to try since I do not smoke....and ta-da...it worked.

That's actually pretty disturbing. I guess it goes to show how bad that stuff is for you if it can remove hair dye!!!! Interesting, but I'd never be able to do it, I think I'd just have to live with the hair dye on my skin first.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:18am
Hair dye remover removes hair dye from hands,forehead,or skin,hair dye remover is sold at beuaty supply stores.Please press search and read my posts.

Edited by jean32
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 8:13am
I use Nice'N'Easy, which doesn't stain in any color I've used. Back when I used to use Loving Care, I always had staining problems, but they were gone when I took a shower the next day.

I think someone could use Loving Care to do fake henna tattoos.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic