Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aloe vera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aloe vera
    Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:17pm
Hi, i went to the store to get some aloe vera gel. i saw the leaves but i didnt know how to preserve the gel i scoop out of it and the gel i saw had other stuff in it. i eevn opened it and tried it on my skin and it was tingling. sinc ei know aloe vera gel doesnt tingle, i decided to get the fruit of the earth aloe vera juice. i was wondering if its okay to use this on my hair. will it work just like the gel? it says its like 99% aloe vera......
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 11:42pm

I've been looking for some lately, but don't know what brand/type to buy. So if any one knows the answer to her question, or can suggest anything please post!.

TIA

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:46am

This is the one that I use and it can be purchased at most any drug stores. It's 100% pure gel. I mix a little w/ my moisturizers and also use w/ my pre-poo mixture. It's really light and does the job w/o weighing your hair down. I don't know about the one w/ leaves, etc.?? This is also the one most used on lhcf. ~hth~

Edited by BrownEyez2
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:48am
i got the aloe vera juice. since i plan to mix it with glycerin and rose hydrosol, i dont mind that i have the juice instead.
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:50am
I'd think the juice would work as well, but not sure since I haven't tried that.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:43am

I use FOTE as well I love it!  I also use it for my skin.

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:31pm
I use Fote as well...are you looking for the drinkable gel which you can get at GNC or the hair gel which usually has a few other things to thicken it?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 9:37pm
i already bought it. i got the drinkable one
quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 9:40pm
How is the FOTE aloe vera gel?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic