Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural products that clear up acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shinin__Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinin__Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural products that clear up acne
    Posted: June 20 2005 at 10:26am

This is a old recipe from my grandmother and works wonders on blackheads and I have not had any type of breakouts ever since I have used this at home. This recipe can be made in your kitchen and it is a facial scrub you can use everyday or every other day depending on your skin. I use the apple-cider vinegar/water and almond face mask everyday and use the strawberry mask once a week. This stuff really work. I used to go to a dermatologist to buy really expensive products, but nothing really worked how I wanted it to, so that is when i turned to this. I do not even break out during my period any more since use this stuff on my skin. I hope this info helps some one else. Good Luck!

Ingredients

1/2 cup almond meal(crunch up almonds finely in a blender just like cornmeal) and honey

Mix to form a thick paste. Scrub face with paste, paying close attention to oily areas where blackheads or blemishes occur and being careful to avoid the area of your eyes. Leave on a few minutes. Remove with tepid water and a soft cloth. Leaves skin soft and refreshed.

OR

Strawberries are rich in salicylic acid, a key ingredient in many commercial blemish control products that rids the skin of dead cells and deep-cleans the pores. In addition to helping heal blemishes, strawberries also have a mild bleaching effect on the skin.

Skin is made soft, radiant and blemish-free by conditioning the skin while sleeping with a covering of strawberries and vinegar. Mash 3 large strawberries into 1/4 cup vinegar and let it sit for 2hours. Then strain the vinegar through a cloth. Pat the strawberry-flavored vinegar onto the face and neck. Wash off in the morning. Helps clear up pimples and blackheads.

Vinegar Toner

This is a wonderful final rinse for troubled skin. After cleansing the skin and rinsing well with warm water, then cool water, use this product to restore the skin's natural acid level. It will also help the skin function more effectively and fight off harmful bacteria. (Never use straight vinegar on the skin or hair--it should always be diluted with water.)

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup distilled water

Directions:

Mix vinegar and water together.

Pour into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid or spray attachment. Splash or spritz on the face after cleansing. Do not rinse off; let the skin air dry (the vinegar smell will quickly fade).

kittybum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittybum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:14pm
You shouldn't exfoliate your face everyday, you'll end up doing more bad then good in the long run.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic