Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wrap lotion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dncamup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dncamup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrap lotion
    Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:16pm
I am in need of a great wrap or setting lotion that will not leave my hair hard or dry!
LOVE YA BUT A SISTA GOTTA GO
quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 8:55pm
Some people like Lottabody, Motions foam, keracare, elasta qp design foam, Black n sassy.  What kind do you currently use?
dncamup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dncamup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 8:59pm
I made an attempt to wrap my hair this past weekend, and I used
Keracare. I am not sure if it was the leave in that I used prior to using it,
but my hair was extremely HARD. I want to try and achieve a wrap that
has some bounce and swing action going.
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 11:17pm
I like Smooth 'n Shine foam wrap lotion. (I think that's the name--black bottle w/ pink/white writing??) It's always leave my hair soft w/ lots of body when I wrap.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:36am
Lottabody setting lotion (purple bottle with blue top).  If you dilute it with water your hair won't be hard and it has good body.
Carmel_AKA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel_AKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:40am

I sometimes use Lottabody, but for the most part I use Motions Foam Wrap which leaves my hair very soft after I take off the white wrap strips.

dncamup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dncamup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 8:23pm
I appreciate everyone's input. Thanx.....
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Carmel_AKA Carmel_AKA wrote:

I sometimes use Lottabody, but for the most part I use Motions Foam Wrap which leaves my hair very soft after I take off the white wrap strips.

white wrap sheets? does it leave a white residue on your hair or what? i have this thing and have never used it.

BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 1:02pm

Hey all!! I am a long time reader/first time poster.  I have learned a lot about my hair and hair in general from you guys!!  Thanks

Anyways, I used to use Motions foam and it made my hair hard so I switched to Lotta body.  I diluted it with a good amount of water and I have not had any problems with it.  In fact, I found that it made my hair more bouncy than Motions and the bounce lasted longer.  I do need to get some of those white wrap strips though.

http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
Carmel_AKA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel_AKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 9:48am

Renee, the strips do not leave a white residue on my hair. It is the neck strips the barbers use for their clients, I use those b/c the heat is not directly on my hair.

BabyImaStarr, If you use the Motions "Extra Firm Hold" Wrap Lotion yes it will make your hair hard, the one that says "At Home" is the one that leave my hair soft. 

Hair Type: 4B Relaxed
Length: Shoulder Length reached(10/06)
Current Goal: Healthy APL.
Ultimate Goal: Healthy BSL.
my fotki http://public.fotki.com/carmelaka/randomphotos
pm me for password
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic