Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Halo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Halo
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:30am
Has anyone tried the Hair U Wear Halo?  They are synthetic bangs that frame the face.  They looked pretty in the picture but I just wondered if anyone had experience with them.
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 3:49pm
Oh  Yeah...I bought a "halo" several months ago...but I got the FULL one. It actually frames your face and goes all the way around. It is HH on some type of clear string that is adjustable. The thing is USELESS, for me anyway. It isn't secure at all....feels like it will slide off at a moments notice and  doesn't look natural. I have played with that thing so many times and I just cant get it to work with my hair. My natural hair is baby fine and comes right to my shoulders- cut in the "Long Hollywood Bob" style.(Jessica Simpson,Nicole Ritchie) so I really bought it to add volume...but if it SOUNDS too good 2 be true....you know how THAT goes!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:54pm
ooooo... I love the HairUWear stuff! Use them a lot in my
fashion shows!

Halo is nice, but the Extravaganza is my top pick

Best of luck!
Charlene
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:43pm
Well...sheesh! How in the heck do you wear it? Ibought one called "Halo Hair" similiar to Extravaganza....are there any wearing tips to know of?
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:45pm

Hi-

do a partial ponytail and insert the extravaganza.  I use bobby pins.  Then you let go of your own hair- hope that helps.

Charlene

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:08pm
I also tried the Hair Halo, and had no luck!!!  I tried everything and almost thought about glueing it in!!  Bobby pins didn't work for me, I just threw it into the bag with all my other attempts at getting long full hair.  My bag is full by the way, spent way to much $$$$.  But now I have found shrinkies, and I am cured of my old ways
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:57am

Thanks everyone for your help!  I was seriously gonna buy that thing at one point because I wanted fuller bangs and side layers, but like msfitns said,  I read somewhere that it wasn't real secure.  The halo and extravaganza were raved about on The View and The Today Show so I thought it was worth a try.  I'm still undecided.  I'm just wondering if it will blend in with my hair and look natural.  And also I don't want to accidently pull it and the thing goes sliding down my face

I like the extravaganza too, but I'm not willing to pay all that money and it don't work so i figured I'd buy the halo first and if I liked that maybe I would get the ext. 

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

I read somewhere that it wasn't real secure.  And also I don't want to accidently pull it and the thing goes sliding down my face

Hi-

I do lots of fashion shows and lots of updos using fake hair and clip ins- even homemade pieces.  I wasn't good at first but it does take time to work with to really appreciate it!  I did a fashion show once where I turned trash hair into a treasure! 

It's just like any artist...  Give any of them some paper and paint and they'll give you their masterpiece!

My best advice- PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Keep practicing; Charlene

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic