Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I just want my hair a lighter blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxblondexxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxblondexxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just want my hair a lighter blonde
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:25pm
My natural hair color is a dirty blonde to a light brown. I go to a salon and have a blonde color put on it but on the top it looks like an orange color and i hate it. I dont have the money to go to the salon anymore i want to go to a lighter blonde without bleaching my hair or highlighting it. So should i just strip out my hair color and dye it a light blonde? My roots are getting really bad so i need to do something quick. So what is a good light blonde color that you can buy at the drugstore or sallys that wont leave your hair orange and turn it to a nice light blonde? Also is chi highlift color for blondes good im desparte! Sorry its so long
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 8:38am

Omg sorry to hear abt that  normally i would've said go back to them and get it corrected for free, but u mentioned the roots so i'm guessing it was a long time back. Anyway, what they should've done was use a high lift and it should come out w/ a problem on ur nat. lighter hair. Or they coula bleached gentley till it was yellowish and them put a dye over it!

Anyway u mentioned the chi. Hehe, actually i ordered that online a while back w/ 30 vol. *Altho i know it only for prof. use, oh well *

I'm guessing u know of a salon that uses it. If so go ahead and have them use it on you and skip removing the color first since this product is designed to worked on tinted or virgin hair. You should have no problem using that and it should turn out to be a good result on ur hair.

If u have the chi hi-lift blondes used on ur hair, i suggest the cool blonde or beige blonde.

However, if u wanna DIY and u decide not to use the chi high lift then you could go to sally's and get colorfix to strip the color, and then use a light ASH blonde shade w/ 30 volume developer. I suggest clairol complements.

Edited by Veronica F

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 6:41pm

*In response to ur PM*

Hi! Yeah you can only get away w/ getting it online via froogle...Anyway yes colorfix usually makes hair orange but that is where the toner/dye comes in. For that, the ashy blonde color can be used. I suggest u go w/ what i recommended rather than starting over becuz it will be harder then to go lighter from there. However if u buy colofix make sure u get the dye immediately too. Try clairol complements in a light ash blonde shade of ur choice, w/ 30 volume developer. This is probably the best alternative i can think of to bleach. And it should work for u cuz my naturally black hair gets lightened to an orangey red, when i touch up my roots. (I'm a bottle redhead, as they say hehe!) As far as home hair dye goes, i wouldn't really recommend that...

I hope this helps!! PM me back if there's anything else u need answered!

p.s. please don't to condition like crazy afterwards to maintain ur hair's intergrity!

Edited by Veronica F

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 6:46pm
OOOH i almost forgot! Please do test strands of each to make sure the outcome is what you want it to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic