Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FINALLY HAVE A JOURNAL!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 8:17am

Princess, If you are worried about the acohol in infusium 23 you can always dilute it a little, just pour some of it out, and add water. Don't forget to shake well before each use if you dilute it.

Your hair is really wonderful. I'm glad you are on your way to finding a regime that suits you. I am partical follower of the crown and glory techique. I wish you well on your hair journey

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Princess1 Princess1 wrote:

Thanks! ill make a trip to sallys as soon as I get paid cuz Im BROKE!!!

I think you are right. I may have gotten a little carried away with the -ol suffixes and forgot that tocopherol and panthenol are ok.. this takes a lot more research then I'd hoped. 

I have layers because of a few things.. For one, I had just grown out my bangs,and 2) ever since I got my first layers in 7th grade, it just keeps growing like that!! I think its because beauticians have just followed the pattern of my hair when they trimmed.  So before you decide to layer, make sure you don't mind always having them! I think they're great, but they make your hair look thinner than it would naturally look.  Thats not the end of the world though. 

Oh! Dont worry about too many questions at all.. The natural styles I wear are : straw sets, bantu knot sets, two strand twist/coils, twist outs,and braidouts.  For the next two years ill be wearing braids though; I won't have to go through the trouble of doing all those styles.  They are SOOO time consuming.  Especially straw sets!! I could'nt imagine having hair as long as yours, and still doing these natural styles, Pokahontas...I mean WHOA!!!

Yeah Princess, it is like whoa.  It takes a lot of time and patience but I mostly wear it flat ironed straight in winter and naturally curly in summer.  I just try to choose easy styles. I've never done the two strand twists but I did do a braid out and it just didn't work well for me for some reason.  By the second day my hair was a frizzy mess.  I was lookin like Diana Ross, not that her hair is bad, it's just too much hair out for me on a daily basis.  I think I will try it again with bigger braids.  My hair takes like a whole day to air dry when I braid it. 

Ok, I see...my bangs were growing out too and then I cut part of them again so it kinda looks layered in the front also but it's cool.  I don't think I will get the rest layered though.  I have a bad feeling about that.

SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 3:51pm
You just have to know how to use it. The only time I use mine is when my hair is full of conditioner in the shower. I do this in sections though, it seems the longer my haiir gets the more sections I have to do. My brush was not hard to find I got it about a month ago at Sally's. And Im so glad I did. They have diffrent brushes which on do you have I have the D3. May I suggest Creme of Nature for a shampoo It really does what it says leaves my hair so soft. Infusium I used that when I was just beging to transition, left my hair dry a stringy.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 5:58pm
Nice Album! I am natural in the 4's... I can't tell the difference between a b and an A. Anyways...I'm with you on the denman brush it takes out more hair than neccesary. I've tried it with conditioner....and other recommended methods. That brush is not for everyone. I onlly use a very wide tooth comb for my hair and thats only in the shower with conditioner mixed with oil on my hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Grow Hair Grow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grow Hair Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 10:17am
Your hair is beautiful!!!
http://public.fotki.com/growhair/
pw: grow already
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic