Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today’s work- pinchbraided HH extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today’s work- pinchbraided HH extensions
    Posted: June 22 2005 at 11:16pm
So here's Catherine:

Before

After

It's nearly two bags of hair from RK Hair in colors #14 and #22 in 16", pinchbraided in all over her head except for the part and hairline. (I had to buy 8oz of each to get two colors, but Gina and Fina kindly took the extra bag off my hands!) Seems to be good hair so far! It's the "straight", but has a slight wave visible- which is what I wanted, because her hair has a slight wave as well (mostly visible in the before pic).

It took nine hours to do this. I am totally the slowest braider ever. But it turned out well! Now off to bed and fall over, because tomorrow I'm doing this again with RK's #6 in 26-inch!

-Rae

Edited by Administrator
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 12:47am
it makes her look younger than first picture.Does she like the hair.I'm still really smitten with my batch.Looks really good. If I could only detach my head for a little while I could have pinchbraids too..Ok I think its getting to be my bedtime now,lol.

Edited by Administrator
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 12:49am
i so love that! makes her look younger too!

Edited by Administrator
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 6:24am

Looks great I still don't see how you find that string!!!! That's the worst part but I guess that's why the 9 hours! What's with all this mumbojumbo at the end of each of these post?

Edited by Administrator
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:15am
Right on. The #14/#22 blend was perfect for her. The color match, as well as the texture match, is dead on.

She looks really great in the mirror with the hair coming forward. Very pretty. Does she like the extra hair?

How much length do you lose with pinchbraiding? You mentioned Ramah in another post and that is who I contacted about a month back to do my PH braiding. Does she do human hair like this, too?
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:42am
She loves it It's a lot to get used to, what with having had hair about that thin and short (in the first photo) her whole life. She went out last night and rocked the new hair. :)

I lose 2-4", depending on how dextrous I'm feeling (I need more length to hold onto if I'm feeling less dextrous, and vice versa.) Oh, and thanks to you for posting all those photos of your RK shipments- that was basically how I chose the #14! (Also, our PH should be here today, woo.)

I know Ramah is an HP affiliate, and she does pinchbraids. But I haven't seen any of her human or loose work, only her pinchbraided dreads. Her dreads look nice and stay in well, fwiw.

-Rae

Edited by Administrator
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:43am
Thanks Rae,  that's beautiful work.  Did you send her out for lunch halfway through?  You must have comfortable footwear.

Edited by Administrator
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 9:53am
Wow, Rae! GREAT work!! Actually 9 hours isn't *that* bad. . .I've had my hair worked on by TWO people for like 5 hours. . .so I think you're doing great!!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:07am
Rae, looks great!  You got the *touch* girl!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:23am
I like it.

YOu don't primarily do natural look stuff do you? You wouldn't ask that based on these photos though.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:52am
Gorgeous! And absolutely natural - even with her thin, fine hair, you can't see the braids - did you make them extra small a la Boogiemama? Whatever you did, Rae, that install looks awesome. She should be thrilled.
misscelestia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscelestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:00pm
Nice work Rae - it looks completely natural!
*question authority*
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:16pm
Great work - it looks so natural.  The color choice is perfect.  Does the RK hair feel nice and silky or is it dry? 

Edited by Kimbearly
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 9:56pm
Oh Kimbearly...the RK hair is a dream, really. It's silky yet strong hair. You really should give the curly a try, or the wavy. It lightens and colors really well, too, at least it has as of today. Since you liked Bliss so much, you'll probably LOVE RK.
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 8:18pm
Rae!!!  I am now so totally excited to meet you next week!!  Those pics are amazing!  Yes girls....you will all have to be jealous of me cause I have a consult with a genius!  I don't care if it takes two days to mine if it looks that good.
Never gesture emphatically with a taco in your hand.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 9:04pm
Right on, Sunlove!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic