Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****has anybody ever......?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gumdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ****has anybody ever......?????
    Posted: June 24 2005 at 12:55pm

has anybody ever had there hair chemically straightened??

if you havent please dont post..

if you have though, would you do it againe, and was it worth the money?

scizzordvd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scizzordvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 3:19pm

Yes. I had mine done in Feb. And it was NOT a good idea.

I reget it, everyday

My hair was FRIED

. she used chemicals by REDKEN so..Im thinking they were good.

SOme of my hair DID fall out. its a LOT thinner. and GREATLY damaged. almost EVERYSINGLE piece of my hair is split. or broken. ALl the ends are white

It only stays in for 3-4 months anways
So why bother?

and it didnt even stay that stright

saved me like 20min

just take the extra time to Straighten it with a hair Straightner.

I wish i did.

gumdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 3:43pm

holy sh*t

wow
thanks so much
and

omg im so sorry
is there any shampoo or conditioner that you can use to re-hydrate it or something?

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 3:11pm

I know you said don't post if you haven't had it done, but a good friend of mine had her (extremely curly) hair chemically straightened back in January and it ruined her hair.  Straightened, her hair was about waist-length and the last 6-8 inches were completely fried and broken.  She had to cut all that off. 

My friend also said that her hair wasn't all that straight after she had it done and she still had to use an iron if she wanted it perfectly straight.  So, from what I've heard, it's definitely not worth it.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 6:06pm
Well, being an African American, it's quite common to have a relaxer to eliminate the thick, curly afro, and obtain straighter, more manageable hair. I first had my hair relaxed last August, and at first I regreted it, but now I don't. My hair hardly breaks anymore and it's a lot stronger. At times it gets unruly when it grows, but as long as u condition and be gentle w/ it, it works out 4 the best. My hair is getting a lot longer, and I've learned so much by experimenting w/ different products. If anyone's interested, feel free 2 read my blog: http://relaxedgirl.blogspot.com
1 more day until next touch-up

5 more months until bra-strap length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic