Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Victoria’s secret clothing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victoria’s secret clothing...
    Posted: June 24 2005 at 6:21pm

I had no idea vic.'s secret had a clothing line until today! lol, what world am i in?? Anyway, i'm interested in knowing if any of wear their clothes, and if so, what are ur thoughts? I would like to order online, but i feel insecure abt buying clothes that i haven't tried yet, and it seems like my nearest mall only sell's their lingerie line...

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:23pm
 I have purchased a few dresses from them and they were very cheaply made.One was white with lace trim On the chest part.I paid close to $80 for it and I wore it once and the lace peice on the chest came apart straight down the middle.It wasnt too tight or anything just cheaply made.I had to throw it away after cause there was nothing to do to fix it.And the other dresses are still hanging up because of little things wrong.Plus It seemed like too much trouble to send them back.The clothes I have gotten have been way overpriced for what they are. They're bra's are made so nice Its hard to believe they would skimp so much on their clothes.Plus its deceiving cause they look so nice in the catalog.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 8:57am
 Wow, yeah u'd think that they'd want to keep up their reputation in the clothing department too...That sux, since their lingerie is such a god-send! Hmm, thanx for letting me know! And ur rite, it a little deceptive since the website showed them high priced and they looked good quality too!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:38am
I buy most of my clothes from VS. I always look to see what the material is made of first. (I don't buy anything 100% cotton) Most of the clothes are very well made, but with anything, there are poorly made clothing. The clothes last a very long time and fit very well. I've bought a few items that looked way better on the model in the picture, but I would say 90/100 I keep and I am very pleased with. You can't go wrong with the bra built in tops made with spandex! If you have a catalog and are curious, you can pm me or I could even post a pic or two. I have many of the clothes in the recent catalogs. Now you want to talk cheaply made clothes, venususa.com clothes are cheaply made and don't fit like VS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:17am
Thanks elvira, what material do u look for in the clothes u buy from there? Btw, have you tried their new perfume, Dream Angel? It smelled so delicious lol!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:44pm

No, haven't tried their perfume, most perfume gives me a headache unfortunately.

Clothes: not 100percent cotton, I make sure there is at least 5% spandex included with cotton, polyester or rayon. Just not 100% cotton. The spandex does not shrink, is more durable and fits much better!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:27pm
Thank you! I will def. look into it!
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 7:31pm

I adore the VS Clothing line, particularly the bathing suits.  I've a very unflattering body type for a bathing suit even though Im a model, but theirs are the only ones that make me look like I actually have boobs!

As far as their other clothes, i love them and ive never had anything i've bought from them be cheaply made.  they last a long time and tend to be well cut.   You can also find some very sexy pieces that are not as revealing or commonly seen.

As for perfume I used to wear Pink all the time but i've gotten tired of it, I wear their Amber fragrence now though... it smells wonderful at first but it doesn't last.

Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 3:33pm

I think clothes from VS is not all that. I bought a few pieces before and they didn't really fit. Plus, the quality is not that good. I think you can get better clothing at the mall. VS sells a plain cotton shirt for $25, you can get that at the Gap for cheaper. They just advertise a lot, that's why people buy from them. But seriously, if you're looking for good quality clothing with a lot of style, it's not VS.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:38pm
Years ago I used to buy clothes from their catalog. I finally gave up. Their sizing is not standardized, or wasn't at that time. Of the things I ordered in the same size, 1/3 were too small, 1/3 were too big, and the rest would fit.

Not close enough.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:32pm
i love their jackets. i bought a top from the catalogue and everyone loved it. i always make sure i search for the style of a cloth i liek in the stores before buying from them though
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 5:22am
I don't buy anything 100% cotton. I bought many of the bra-top shirts made with cotton/spandex/poly and they fit perfectly and last a long time for me. Of course I've sent some clothes back because they didn't fit right but that's only because I didn't take the time to see what the material was made of. I love their shirts. I must have about 40-50!
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:14pm
I looovvveee VC they have the cutiest clothes. They are pretty pricey but if you look sometimes you can find deals in the stores or in the catalogues. Ive never had a probblem with thier clothes. I have a ton of thier sleepwear and there great !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic