Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$2 hair pulling hook at Joann’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $2 hair pulling hook at Joann’s
    Posted: June 26 2005 at 9:08am

http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase/details.php?ITEM_NUM=26 615

I saw this at my local Joann's while looking through the sewing notions. It has exactly the same latch hook end as my hair pulling tool that I had to buy online (around the med. size, I guess) for around a buck sixty, plus tax. Doesn't have the long handle the pro ones do, but I know some of you put a beating on them and go through them pretty fast.

Just a heads up.

edited to say: these would probably work well, too:

http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase/details.php?ITEM_NUM=25 2

Edited by sansconformist
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 10:59pm

doc once said she saw one at a craft store, and microlinks BEFORE SHE WAS SELLING THEM. i was looking at old posts on the ezboard/quinns, i should have bumped it when i saw it..... it was a long time ago i saw it and it was WICKED OLD THEN!!!!

you can totally save if you can find the stuff. i bet if one of us BROUGHT our little hair puller from doc locks or the like to joann's, etcand asked an associate they would be able to show us one!!!!

i love plastikhaar
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 5:47am
the pulling tool is just a latch hook. They are common in craft stores, they are also used for making latch hook rugs. So if you just ask for a latch hook at a craft store you should be able to get them!
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:31am
Nah, Sherrie, the latch hook tools for pulling rugs are way bigger - I've been looking!  Same concept though- I've been aware of them for a long time, having been a life long crafter. I was sure something like this must be out there somewhere, but I stumbled onto these quite by accident. This fellow is made for pulling snags in sweaters back through. Which is quite clever on it's own, lol.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 8:10am
yeah your probably right the latch hook is bigger. But Im thinking the snag pulling needle might be a little small for hair extension purposes, dont ya think? I dont use them anyway, I use the floss threader loop. And as soon as I place another shrinkie order with amm, Im going to get one of those threader tools she has.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic