Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I got my lighter roots, ends are darker.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I got my lighter roots, ends are darker.
    Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:11pm
I'm a nut! Honestly, I constantly dye my hair. I wanted lighter roots, I couldn't get in contact with my hairdresser accuantance so I went and bought 100% Color, bleachign kit, it didn't hurt my roots at all. But my hair was way too orange for my liking. I could no longer stand to look at it anymore.
SO I went and got dark blonde, now my roots are lighter... almost a peach color and my ends are well... darker. I'm hoping that the color will fade a little and it will be somewhat less dark.  Here are some pics: My hair is getting a little weak now so I think I'm done with the whole, trying to get it lighter thing. :D As to all those girls who want to be blondes.... be very carefully. First you must be willing to UP keep it, shell out the dough and be weary of all the damage you WILL get. But you only live once... and hair grows back... I hope. ;)
roots and ends:

Happy Dyeing and Rock Hard....

~Bambi Lee~

My hair also depends on the light aswell. Here it is blonder... it's like before and after! hehehe...
ends are diffrent then roots. the roots are more redy-orange. I still can't get it out. My dark blonde color washed out already... :(

Edited by Bambilee
~* Bambi Lee *~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 8:15pm
IMHO your hair looks really good.It looks very uniform.And it looks really healthy.I know you usually just dye your roots from reading past posts.But how did you originally get the full color.Did you have someone do it?I am researching  going blonde.I dont want to touch my hair until i have every scrap of info possible,lol.Any advice or suggestions would be gladly welcomed
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 8:39pm
Well it looks healthy! That's good! No one will be able to tell by just really looking at it that it's getting a little rough. :)

I orginally bleached my head, went orange and pale, went to a hairdresser, she changed it to a ash blonde, tried dying my roots when they started coming in (black roots.) put in ash again, turned hair grey.

After that i dyed it dark brown, it faded to a dark, orangy blonde. Just reently bleached it again, tried Golden Blonde, (dont' do that, it sounds nice but it's pretty much just yellow/orange hair.) hated it, went back and now I got his. A peachy/blonde color.
In some light it looks  just like a light brown, in others like this.

I would suggest going to a salon if you REALLY value your hair and perhaps wouldnt' bare being seen with a hair disaster! Because in truth if you do it from a box, you will. LOL.

I know hair grows back so I just do what I please and hope to god it doesn't fall out. :)
Another is, I think being blonde and having naturally very dark hair,( i will show you a picture), is hell. Cause you always have to touch up, forever... and it does take a toll. But being blonde is fun, specially for a girl who's lived a life being dark haired.

Go to a Salon, even though I hate em. ;)
This is what I had before all this!: This is my natural color.

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 8:57pm

Thanks for all the info.My hair is in really good shape right now.I did a couple of strand tests.The hair took the bleach well but left it pretty dry.My hair is currently a level #5.Yeah I had highlights.I got so mad at my old stylist for not giving me what I wanted(or what I paid for) I dyed it to the color I have(stupid me).Yeah i am going to get it done pro even though I'm leery of stylists.I want to go in knowing all I can so they cant swindle me this time around.I was thinking of doing a color correction first.I used colorzap on my test strand and it actually came out A really nice light auburn. very wearable.And then waiting a month or so to make sure my hair is in top condition.Maybe then have a stylist use a light bleach to lift me to a medium blonde.The colorzap worked really well.I used one application and it left the strand looking fine.Not dry or patchy colored.I really dont want to do it myself.I would like my hair to caome out looking as good as possible.Thanks for the before pic.You make feel its more than possible on my hair.I have seen pics of people who were all excited about getting their hair blond when it was a horrible brassy orange color.You give me hair inspiration,lol

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 9:15pm
No problem. I would hate for women to try so hard to get blonde and end up ruining thier hair.
Another suggestion, don't go TOO blonde. Depends on a personal "look" you may have going. I mean blonde is nice, but not everyone can do the whole Plantium blonde, beach babe thing right? No matter how much we would like that!

Do you have really dark hair naturally?
~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 9:27pm
yeah its a#5.yeah i agree not eveyone looks good in platinum.I think any lighter than medium would be pushing it for me.As far as ruining my hair I'm not afraid to start from scratch but would prefer not too,lol.I know my hair can take it from the strand tests I've done.But I know most salons have access to the best products available.Plus,I like the idea of someone else doing my roots.I dont want "hot roots". I'm not worried about this being successful.My strands lifted with one bleach and 20 volume developer.I am most concerned with the after care.Like it going brassy.Right now I Use the CO method.And I never use any heat or chemicals/styling aids.My hair is babied.I'm just going to have consultations at various salons and see which one could give me the gentlest method possible.I'd even be up for doing it gradually.Dont worry I know better than to go platinum,lol.it looks dowright creepy on me.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 10:30pm
Awesome. I hope everythign works out! I really like the darker golden blonde colors... and of course the real baby blonde colors. I can't wait to see if your hair works out just the way you want.

I wish mine would. LOL. :) And are you really pregant? 98 dayz to go?

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 2:20am
yep.Just 98 days to go.I'm six months but I feel more like 9 with all the aches and pains,lol.I will defintitely post my results on the hair color board.I know people are attempting exactly what I'm doing on here all the time.Plus I just got a reccomendation from a real stylist on a much healthier color corrector.Wish me luck.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:30am

You guys are making it so tempting to go blonde! lol ...Now i feel like changing from red to blonde but i know doing it all at once would a recipe for disaster!

Btw, ur blonde looks really good Bambilee!

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:45am
really Veronica? u like it? I think it's not too harsh on me.
Since I did have black hair. Yay I'm glad people like it. In some light however it looks like a light brown,  but that's okay. The color will fade a little and then it will look more blonde. YAY! Blonde is fun, but it's a hell of a task to complete and keep.
I keep thinking about going back to a brunette color,somethign darker, but I just can't do it! LOL. Oh well...

Congrats Longhairdreams...my brother's having a baby here very soon too. Well HE isn't but you get the idea. :) My mother's first grand baby!
:)
~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 2:44pm

I totally mean it, it's such a neat shade of blonde! U look really pretty w/ it! ...Blonde does take a lot of upkeep but sometimes i feel its somewhat easier then the red i have lol! I mean imagine black roots w/ light red (when its faded) i think that worse than if it was blonde hair cuz atleast blonde and then dark roots looks more natural.

Btw while i'm at it, how hard is it to change from red to blonde, bearing in mind that the base color is already really light, level 8 i think.

Also, did ur hair really get that light w/ OTC dye?  Thanx and sorry to bug w/ so many q's!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:04pm
yeah I completely agree with veronica that color is great on you.And I understand.I used to keep my hair red when I was young and found it is one of the hardest colors to maintain.It fades so fast.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:02pm
Red is very hard to get to blonde. It will always be kind of orangy, yellow when you try to get it lighter. But I'm no expert. I did use Burgandy often on my hair when it was dark, and when the hairdresser fixed my bleaching fiasco' she had a horrible time trying to get the left over orange yellow red spots from my hair, where I had previously dyed it.

This color isn't COMPLETELY OTC, but it is. I just use dark blonde and a bleaching kit. Works pretty good... I can't get my virgin hair to go very blonde however,it just turns orange with a OTC kit, so I suppose if I could afford to get it done pro, I could get it lighter. But alas I can't. :)

YAY!
~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:58am
Thanx! I guess if it ain't broke i shouldn't try to "fix" it, lol. Besides, my mom will kill me if i use bleach!  And so will my stylist!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 6:29pm
Oh my god you look so much better with the dark hair.  I do not mean to be offensive in any way but why, with gorgeous dark hair like you have naturally, would you want to put up with orange blond hair?  Being blonde is not all that!  Embrace what you are naturally.  Your hair will thank you for it :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 2:29pm
KB, Although i agree her natural dark hair is very pretty.If the blonde makes her feel good isnt that the most important thing.Her blonde hair isnt orange at all.I think its a nice shade on her.I myself have dark hair but cant tell you how great and different a color can make you feel.Blonde for me makes me feel fun and happy.With dark hair I feel more serious and mysterious.But thats not how I prefer to feel.Its like feng shui for hair.Plus hair can look nice even bleached to the opposite extreme if taken care of properly.

Edited by Longhairdreams
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 2:39pm
I agree with longhairdreams, if she feels better in blond she should keep it. I think she looks good in both colors. My real hair color is med- blonde with golden hints, very much like jennifer aniston but i never feel happy with that and always color dark brown. So I guess I would like to have Bamilees normal color and she mine.

I just love the fact that you can choose...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:43pm
Personally i like the blonde on her, but she is very pretty anyway  yes i agree w/ longhairdreams and vicky its really up to the individual, some feel great w/ dark hair others feel great in light. Its up to you what makes u feel good!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by KB KB wrote:

Oh my god you look so much better with the dark hair.  I do not mean to be offensive in any way but why, with gorgeous dark hair like you have naturally, would you want to put up with orange blond hair?  Being blonde is not all that!  Embrace what you are naturally.  Your hair will thank you for it :)

Awe I am glad you like my dark hair. I myself didn't like it.... I just hated it. I will go back eventually, but right now the blonde works... I do like it best. :) And my hair isn't orange... well maybe a little, but I like it that way. :D Hair grows back, and I only get to live once, I'm going to try all sorts of diffrent things... :) But i'm glad you liked my natural hair.
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Veronica F Veronica F wrote:

Personally i like the blonde on her, but she is very pretty anyway  yes i agree w/ longhairdreams and vicky its really up to the individual, some feel great w/ dark hair others feel great in light. Its up to you what makes u feel good!

Awe thanks! I am not opossed to my dark hair, I just didn't feel like me in it. I looked like mortishia adams! well i felt like her. It was good for my goth phase however, but now I'm in a new phase, therefore it calls for.... new hair! Yay. I'm getting it cut tomorrow, a little shorter and some layers... or maybe just a trim. I dunno. Thanks guys, ur awesome.
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic