Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valarie332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valarie332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: highlights
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 1:51pm
I home highlighted my hair. I have light brown haair and the highlighter seems to have turned the part that was under the cap lighter also. It was loreal excellence. Can I color over it with the hair color that is semi- permanent (kind with no ammonia)? Will it color all my hair the same color or will it color the highlighted part less? This is my first time highlighting, I like the highlights but the rest of my hair is too light for me.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 3:17pm
The effect probably won't be as you like it. I think you should get this fixed professionally, sounds tricky.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Valarie332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valarie332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:57pm
Thanks for the reply. Is it true that the highlighted hairs are porous and will absorb more of the color? I use Clairol Natural instincts, last 28 shampoos, no ammonia.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 6:35pm
Yes, the highlighted part is more porous, but even if it isn't, the color will not look the same because your base hair color is different. You should expect to have to go out and buy another color to cover over the brighter sections, and you probably should see what it looks like before you do that.

I removed some pinkish red streaks from my hair. The color remover turned my treated sections pale strawberry blond. I colored them with dark auburn, which came out natural flame red. It looked ok after I put some walnut brown on the bright sections.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:15am
Did it turn lighter in splotches, like it got in through the holes in the cap, or did it somehow uniformly turn lighter?  I've had splotches happen before (hate those plastic caps :-P ), but not sure how it could all get lighter when it's under plastic.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic