Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help and suggestions :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angemc02 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angemc02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help and suggestions :(
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 3:44pm

On wednsday which was like 5 days ago i had my hair dyed (at a salon) the hairdresser bleached my hair (twice I think!) then bleached the roots, then she put in black and pink streaks. I was okay with it when I left the salon but a few days later the pink has come out of my hair and i'm not sure why, she used permanent dye Elumen i think it was called and now it's all blonde (really more white) on the top and just a couple of black streaks underneath and it looks completely horrible. I went back and she said she couldn't do anything to fix it because she didn't dare to put more chemicals in my hair because of the damage from the bleach! and she refused to give me my money back which is annoying because it definitely wasn't worth the 200 i spent! now i hate my hair it's damaged and i even went to another salon to see if they could somehow fix it and they would only give me a conditioning treatment. i condition with leave ins and use really good professional products, i just hate the color of my bleached out fried hair now and i can't think of anything to do with it! i was wondering if its safe to put in a natural hair dye like herbatint and just do it myself or if that's a damaging idea also. i don't know if special effects would be gentle enough to not make my hair fall out. i've had like 30 people tell me this is the worst thing i've ever done to my hair (and i've done some bad things!)

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:49pm

You came to the rite place, sorry to hear wht u've had to go thru! Anyway, the reason the pink has faded is cuz those *unnatural* colors are usually temporary anyway...If u use a vegeatable dye like Manic Panic you won't damage ur hair at all! They come in all the colors of the rainbow plus more and it won't fry ur hair. Since u already got this far i suggest getting the outrageous dyes from sally's in the pink u like and coloring over where it was previously pink. U should also get a shampoo for color-treated hair. Anyway, i could go on forever w/ advice but i'll make it easier on you and give u a very helpful site for unnatural haircoloring... www.haircrazy.co.uk and www.sallybeauty.com where u can find those colors. The more long lasting of these harmless "wierd" colors are special effects and punky colors. Welcome to the board and i hope this cheers u up a little!  

angemc02 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angemc02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:18pm

thank you so much, i was really worried that any kind of dye would just make my hair fall out, i was reading another reply on here about manic panic though saying that you should leave it on for a couple of hours instead of the recommended 15 minutes otherwise it'll wash out. do you know anything about this? thanks again seriously!

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:48pm
No, it won't stay in any better if you leave it in for hours.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:44pm
Honestly, the best pink ever is Atomic Pink by Special Effects.  It will take forever to fade.  I've found that SFX lasts longer than Manic Panic.  They're both great choices, though, since you can reapply as often as needed without damaging your hair.

I usually get SFX from http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/rock/special/index_spec ial.htm   They're cheap and the shipping is fast.

Apply veggie dye to clean (shampoo, no conditioner), completely dry hair.  Leave the color on for 30 minutes or so, then rinse and condition.  And have plenty of Clorox handy to clean your sink/shower/countertops!   =)

Edited by leia1979
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:45am

Well i've noticed from my own experience that actually the color DOES come out more intense if left in for say 2 hrs than just 15 minutes. But whatever u do, these colors do fade a lot so if you mix a little bit of dye w/ the shampoo each time u shower it will help keep the color fresh.

Rite now i have pink streaks in my dyed red hair, and they are super intense lol. Actually the name of it was fire and it was supposed to be intense red but it came out pink instead. I'm not complaining tho cuz its soo pretty!

Since u want longer lasting color def. get the Special Effects, and if not then there's Punky Colors.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic