Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a little disapointed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a little disapointed
    Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:49am

alright so my first order from rk was great but i ordered the straight thinking that it would match the wave of my hair but my hair is just a little bit wavier.  so i order the bodywave and wait and for them having to process it and all its actually not such a bad wait.. just like 1 1/2 weeks.  so my issue is the color...  heres the picture of the straight 24 i ordered

and heres the color 24 bodywave i ordered and its being compared to the 24 colorring which actually does pretty much match the straight

.... just a little bit darker and brassier i would say *sigh*

the bodwayve itself is a beautiful bodywave but when i did get the hair it smelled strongly of shampoo and a little sticky so i just washed it im waiting to see what it looks like dry.  i think i will have to make another order in the 22 now which wouldnt be so bad if not for the wait again and the 40 dollars more for the shipping.  damnit!  im pretty sure everyones gone through this more times than me it just sucks =\

*edited to add some more pictures

Edited by LuckieDuckies
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 11:36am
can't you tone the bodywave? to take out the brassiness?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:06pm
i dont know? i always thought everyone said its not a good idea to try to dye your extensions lighter?  even if i got the brassy tone out of it i would still have to do that because it would still be darker? =\
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:24pm
RK hair tones really well...at least the #4 I lightened and toned is just as silky as it was out of the bag. Can't say for sure what will happen with your lightened and PERMED hair, tho...although a toner should be okay, one would think. Just be careful and watch it closely.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:28pm
ah well ill give a small section of it a try... thanks for the advice guys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:35pm
yea do a strand test 1st :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 2:26pm
oh my this hair lightens beautifully...  the only problem is the dye i bought was a gold blonde so i think im more of a beige so will need to go buy other dye but i managed to get it up to a lighter version of the color and the hair feels wonderful even after the dying process

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 3:12pm
fantastic news !
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:58pm
That's great. I think it's in the big RK thread a page or two back that
I mentioned I thought the color ring was more of a guide than a sure
thing. I've ordered the same color and gotten two varying shades
each time.

I took a peach-toned blonde and turned it beautiful with Clairol
Radiance Colorgloss in 8GB Lt. Golden-Beige Blonde. Even for a
colorist-impaired person like me it was super easy.

Be careful with yet another color change. RK has responded well for
another lift but I turned a section slightly crunchy with the 2nd.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic