Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swarzkopf phantom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swarzkopf phantom
    Posted: June 30 2005 at 7:17pm
Okay so I got some and did some strand tests.I was very excited about this product since its not supposed to contain any peroxide,ammonia,or bleach like most colorstrippers.So anyhow i tried it out on my test strands.It somehow managed to lift out the color and bring it to a level 8 blonde color?I'm not sure how or why this happened.Any ideas?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 6:31am
From wht i've read abt phantom, it is supposed to dissolve the dye molecules in a way that respect's the integrity of the hair, (well i remember the description saying something like that) however, i'm not sure as to why it made ur hair so light. Was there bleach previously underneath the color u tried to remove? But its great that it turned out well rite? I am very interested in knowing more abt this product, did the strands still feel healthy afterwards?
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 12:24pm

where can i get it?

and god said let there be hair extensions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 2:18pm

I got it online.the strands felt exactly the same.I know when I tried the other color stripper(colorzap) my strands felt very dry. But my test strand felt the same as it does currently with the phantom. I did have highlights before.I am going to do some more strand tests,but this time I'll use peices that have only been dyed brown.here is a link to site that carries it.It costs $23.But I'll keep you updated on how it works out.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=adiscountbeauty.com/v=2/SID =e/l=WS1/R=1/SS=21282985/DUI=1/QT=dq/IPC=us/SHE=0/H=1/;_ylt= Avr7vtlGbEYOxukRUMcD865XNyoA/SIG=11jo0gdqe/EXP=1120332321/*- http%3A//www.adiscountbeauty.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 8:21pm
okay update.So i took the plunge and used the phantom on my whole head.I am very pleased with the results.My hair where the highlights were came out brassy but uniform and even.My hair that had only been dyed with #5 permanent from sally's came out perfect.It took all the dye out and left me with my natural color.The reason I know it took it out is I dyed it with a #5 golden brown.My natural color is #5 ash brown.I havent done anything else yet.But i think I'm going to go red instead.I really like blonde but I dont want to give up the soft feeling.Plus I know from past experiences that red looks really good on me(in the right shade of course).Its a good product though.Just make sure you do strand tests if you want to use it.My results could have been a fluke.Other people's resuts could be completely different.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 6:39pm
Cool, thanx for the update! I will def. use this one if i decide to remove my current color
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic