Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

advice for growing bed head cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mommak8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommak8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice for growing bed head cut
    Posted: June 12 2002 at 3:53pm
Hi all,

I know I don`t technically qualify to "hang out" on this board, but I just wanted to drop in and ask you experts about growing out my very short crop. I am currently pregnant so I`m taking prenatals and I eat right and exercise, so I`m not really asking about nutrition. I am more interested in your opinions about whether it is necessary to get it to all one length or should I wrestle with it layers and all as it grows out. It is that short, messy do (sort of like Halle Berry) right now so I fear it will be a real mess to grow. I recently tried and once these layers grew too long to spike out I felt like I looked like Laura Bush - yikes!
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2002 at 7:53pm
Since you want to avoid the Laura Bush `do, you should gradually cut the sides and back while the top catches up and then get it to one length as soon as you can. It`ll be much easier to grow out that way.

How long is hair now? (I`ve seen Halle Berry anywhere from a short pixie to a longish shag :-)
mommak8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommak8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2002 at 8:06am
It is about 2.5 inches long pretty much all the way around, with the bottom layers shorter. It is more pixie than shag. Ultimately when I do grow it out I will still keep layers, because my wavy hair looks better that way. I saw how Meg Ryan grew out her hair, keeping the layers, but I know most people get it to one length and go from there (like cameron Diaz and Gweneth Paltrow). Argh. I wish I had the money for extensions :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic