Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair product recommendations!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair product recommendations!
    Posted: July 02 2005 at 6:22pm

So I'm growing my hair out from super short hair. Right now it is about chin length in the front and gradually goes to being shoulder length in the back. Never again will I chop off so much hair!  First, how long do you think it will take to grow it completely out so that it is as long enough for the hair style below? I like it because it seems like I wouldn't have to worry to much with the styling. Also how what products can I use to get those ends? Oh, and any good recommended styling gels or mousses? I'm tired of buying mousses and gels that don't keep my hair staying how I styled it for more than an hour or two. But I don't want to look like my hair won't move. 

Edited by always_alone
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:19pm
What you described your hair as.....looks like what is in that pic!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

What you described your hair as.....looks like what is in that pic!

Not really...mine is way shorter. Trust me on that. Plus I'm only talking about the bottom layer. Like the back just barely touches my shoulders. Just barely! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:55pm

That was taken maybe a month and a half ago...it's longer by maybe a a little bit. Course the camera is in teh way...but you might get the picture.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 1:01pm

Honestly, I'd probably say close to a year.  Hair grows about 6inches a year for most people.  In order for you to get it longer, and then you'd probably have to get it cut to look like that.  So your going to need a couple inches to work with. 

Your hair looks thick!  I would totally grow it out bsl if I were you! 

As far as products...I can't help ya there... All I use is a heat control leave in ....I don't mess with mousse.  My hair is terribly thin and fine... I can't put anything else in it without it weighing my hair down!

Your just going to have to wait until it grows out somemore...and heck....by that time...you might even want a different style!! 

HTH....Amber

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 1:23pm
I was thinking 6 months, but a year is probably more accurate.  Yeah...I have really thick hair. It's a curse at times...so still no feedback on hair products? I can't seem to find a hair gel that keeps my hair put all day without making it feel stiff. Any comments and recommendations are welcome. 

Edited by always_alone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic