Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am TOTALY new & clueless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tazevedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazevedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am TOTALY new & clueless
    Posted: July 03 2005 at 4:36pm

Hello, I am new to this arena.  I am looking to get extensions to add length & thickness to my hair. 

Howeever, I dont know where to start.  I dont want to pay the 1200 that I was quoted for hair that is not  even reuseable.  I have used extenions on my duaghter that were temporary but I want them to last a few months for me.  I have SEVERAL ?? for you pros

Is sewen in or glued in better?  (easier to have put in, time & money wise;  easier to remove & lesast damage causing tot he hair)   Weft or pretipped?

What is the dif between extensions & fusion? 

For pretipped how much is needed for a full head?  What about the weft?

I TOTALLY appreciate y'alls help!!!!

tammy

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 4:49pm

The questions you have asked are kind of hard to answer without you having some backgroud knowledge of hair, however if you take time to read through the 'sticky' topics on the top of this page ( the 101) it will help you to understandmuch more

xx

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by tazevedo tazevedo wrote:

Howeever, I dont know where to start.  I dont want to pay the 1200 that I was quoted for hair that is not  even reuseable.  I have used extenions on my duaghter that were temporary but I want them to last a few months for me.  I have SEVERAL ?? for you pros

Hi Tammy and welcome!  Since you like reusables, I suggest the wefts or pretips using shrinks or metals.

Is sewen in or glued in better?  (easier to have put in, time & money wise;  easier to remove & lesast damage causing tot he hair)   Weft or pretipped?

Since you are very new, you ought to try sewing like pinch braids or cornrows.  This is very popular with newbies.  The glue is more for the advance DIYs or professionals.  Plus using threads lets you reuse the hair extensions if well-cared for.

What is the dif between extensions & fusion? 

no diff.  Extensions come in many methods, shapes and forms.

For pretipped how much is needed for a full head?  What about the weft?

150-250 for pretips and 4oz-8oz for wefts.  Best of luck to you and hope to see fabulous results soon

-Charlene

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 9:57pm
i like pinchbraids....
i love plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic