Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i’ve tried a lot of products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i’ve tried a lot of products
    Posted: July 05 2005 at 10:52am

and i believe i'll settle for this..the moment i've hit menopause, i've been having hormonal acne..i would use a product for at least a few months that seemed to work, then i'm hit with the acne again.  On top of this, i've been doing my own home electrolysis..When i went in to see a professional, she basically told me i was doing everything right (electrolysis-wise).  Her waiting list was 1 year long.. She's that good..and she gave me more pointers, and sent me home..of course i will still wait a year to see her..by that time, i should be hairless..I still have a few blemishes from the electrolysis. My skin scars easily.

a regime that seems to work for me is..at home glycolic peels for acne scarring.  Yes, there is such a thing..It can be applied up to twice a week to the scarred areas only..and once if you're doing the whole face.  Look it up on the internet under "at home glycolic peels"..

Plus, microdermabrasion about once maybe twice a week to the scarred areas. 

I exfoliate quicker, and the microdermabrasion keeps my skin smooth.  i am not blemish free by a long-shot..everytime i get a pimple - even if i don't pop it, it leaves a mark..since the menopause, my acne has been almost cystic, or there's a "smattering" of small zits that pop up out of nowhere.

Taking supplements and amino acids have helped me tremendously in this area.

i think i will be one of those types that will be wearing concealer for the rest of her life..but at least i don't have feel as though i'm covering a relief map like i used to.

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 3:47pm
I hear ya. My acne is mild, in fact most people would not even notice my breakouts but what annoys me is the consistency. I feel like every single day of my life I either have a new zit or I am in the reddish/brown mark healing stage. I never feel like I have COMPLETELY clear skin, which is really frustrating for anyone who is no longer a teenager. I have tried numerous things, but I definitely notice a change around my period. I have even been on Accutaine, but I was only on it three months instead of the four I should have been. I would love to go on it again, but the doctor who prescribed it to me is in another state. If I get desperate enough I will have no choice but to start the process all over again, and trust me it is a process to get a scrip for it.  It is truly a last resort but your skin will never look better than when you get off it.
2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 8:41pm

i was reading about accutaine..lot of side effects for most folks.  From the information i've gathered, the effects will keep acne away "up to a year after use.."    They don't say (advertisers) that the acne comes back..i do know that a few of the products work for a while, then, it's back to square one.

I'm sure my acne won't last forever..no more than most celebrities..i crack up laughing ten years later when they are out of a job, there they are on an informercial discussing their "little secret"..

we're so duped into believing they would never have that problem because they are famous and have access to these amazing estheticians..

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 3:17am
Well alot of famous people have this problem, Cameron Diaz is one who has had acne for a very long time. Acne can clear up on it's self but most would say its something you'll live with. In your case it could clear up as you may have hormonal acne, but I thought I had that aswell..

I have tried accutainewhen I was 18, now Im 21 and my ance is not gone. But it is so much better than before. Before taking accutaine i had realy bad acne in the usual facial places, now I get two zits the week before my monthly comes.

It is however very frustrating because I like you scar easily. Im going to try this product called Mother of pearl which someone on the forum recommended. Hopefully it will make the red marks fade faster and not leaving a mark.

I have spent so much money on getting rid of my scars and yet they are still there, not as deep and not as visable but still. And they keep on coming..

People just don't understand how frustrating acne is.. They complain like its the end of the world when they get one tiny zit a year..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:39pm

yep, you're so right!  I don't know if they are wearing concealer, people like angelina jolie, halle berry, jada pinkette, heck, even tom cruise.

i have heard about this one new over the counter peel by neutrogena..someone said they were trying it on one of the posts a while back.

it's called acne fade peel..i went to the store to buy it, and found that there is a total acne treatment that it goes with...i just bought the fade peel..it's not very expensive, and comes in a tube.

usually, if i use an acne treatment system, i wind up with, of course, very dry skin....

i tried the peel a couple of times, and you know, it seems to be effective.  it's mainly used for acne scarring..On the recent acne scars, they exfoliated immediately..this will be my first week of using it, and i haven't had a reaction yet..this is important because my skin is very sensitive.

i'll keep you guys up to date.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 1:27am
i do know that halle barry is said to appear on the red carpet without a drop of foundation or concealer. HATE HER!!!!! i have used the neutrogena fading peel for over a month now. and i love it. it works sooooooooooo well forl me. no more new scars. the old ones are smaller and less visible too.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 1:11am

well, this is my second to third week, and you know what?  since i've been using the neutrogena fade peel, i'm not getting an armada of zits as i had before..

i guess it takes care of the acne scars as well as the newbies coming in as well.  One Dermatologist said that oxy 10 is not really supposed to be used on acne that has erupted, but on acne pimples "before" they erupt.  if i could predict where my next zit would be - i would also predict the outcome of the stock market - and predict the next 6 winning lotto numbers.

eashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:21pm
I just bought the neutrogena fade peel. How long does it take before I will notice results? So far, I've used it twice. I can't tell if it is working.  Is it only supposed to work on recent scars? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 10:12pm

this is my third week..the recent acne scars were exfoliated right off in about a few weeks..they are leaving a "trace" or a faded spot where the acne scar was...the older ones are slowly fading..i'm doing the fade peel three times a week..i don't think once a week will do much of anything.. i also do microdermabrasion (once a week)...with this, the results are very visible..it's going to be a long time before - if ever - i have a blemish free face...there's always going to be a new pimple - thanks to hormones...but it certainly has cut down on the concealer..i don't have to apply as much..this way, i won't have to take stock in MAC cosmetics. 

annabell_lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annabell_lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 8:32am
I see thats an old post but if you still have the same problem with acne let me know, and I'll tell you how I finally got rid of mine after 13 years of suffering.

Edited by annabell_lee - August 28 2006 at 8:33am
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 2:38pm
Annabell lee I would love to know how you got rid of your acne, do tell =)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic