Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Your Input on color!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dr. Aphrodite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 8:16pm
Okay...update!! It did just fine!! and the blonde hair is super healthy and soft...here are some pictures of the test strand I did...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 8:18pm
And here's another one..of it * i accidently got some bleach on the other strand so some of that strand looks red..but you can see the contrast on the end's of the hair better...

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 11:33pm
Looks good.What did you do.Did you try heat?Looks like a nice blonde color.It going to look great next to the brown.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 11:44pm
Well, after I had done two 90 minute bleachings...I was like..oh well I'll try the 3rd. Just to see if it would get that bright and if the hair would still be in good condition. Soooo for the 3rd time ( i have been using a plastic coffee lid as a mixer for the strand and bleach), I was like..okay man I'm going to try something different and add heat to it. So I put underneath the lid, a heating pad, and I put it on medium. Let it go another 90 minutes..and viola!!! It was light pale blonde, I was thrilled..but I had to make sure that the peice of hair was in good condition. So i rinsed it out and looked at it...pulled it , pinched it with my fingers..to make sure it wouldn't break off.. and I was amazed. I could not believe that after 3 bleaching's with the strongest stuff you could buy...for about 5 hours, that the hair didn't melt...not only that, but it was just as healthy as the brown on the other side of the strand that didn't get bleached...

My hair must be really freaking healthy...jeez lol..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 1:10am

I bet when you do the real thing it wont take three bleachings either. I think its something about native american hair.It seems to be really resilient.Mine can take anything.The last thing I did was get highlights,then dyed over with horrible warm brown colour.Then I stripped my hair and bleached twice.Plus I toned with two different demi's(first one was a mistake).And my hair somehow doesnt look any worse.Plus I've done worse and my hair always came out looking fine. Of all the horrible things I inherited from my parents,at least I got strong hair.lol:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 1:18am
I bet you're right about that too. Our hair maybe fine, but it's tough!!! haha Looks can be deceiving. ... I bet at the most it will take 2 time's on my head. It may only take one, you know I only used a test amount to do those strands anyway. The mixed stuff that im going to do my highlight's with are going to be much stronger. And the heat from my head!! that will definatly speed it up.

Right now Im looking to see if online they have any cap patterns to use. I bought a cap, but I've always wondered if you could find pictures..or patterns online of where to put your hair through..to do cool effects..
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 8:17am

How lucky!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 2:54pm
So have you done your whole head yet,and do we get to see pictures?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic