Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*FUSION CHIPS* Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *FUSION CHIPS* Pics
    Posted: July 05 2005 at 4:21pm

Calling all fusion experts!  This is my first time installing w/fusion.  I used the fusion chips from kristin's site, one chip per attachment.  I put the chip on my wand and let it heat up/melt and pressed onto hair and then rolled.

What do you think?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com" border="0" />

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 4:30pm
Wow, great job, I got the glue everywhere but I haven't practiced since, but do like the concept. Those look really great.
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 5:02pm
Looks good!
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 5:16pm

Looks good.  My suggestions would be to hold the hair downwards ( you probably know that already about the natural direction etc though) and maybe try keep the fusion glue in smaller areas :)

xxxx

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 8:44am

I tried to keep the fusion in a smaller area but it was almost impossible.   As soon as I held down my heat wand, and then lifted it open it was all gooooy so I shut it again and tried wiping some more of the glue onto the hair. 

Anymore tips of the trade you can pass along would be appreciated!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 8:55am
On that blow out show the girl was useing the chips. She meted it to the extension hair frist then installed it and reheated and rolled. that way you have more control and won't drip the wax on to client. It looked like an easyer way. but then why not just buy pre tipped fusion hair? Blending colors would be one I guess ( as I answer my self)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 12:04pm

Oh, good idea Marie... I'll give that a shot.

Is it possible to save the hair if I do not pretip it - to use on a future install?

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 12:35pm

Wow, you're a pro already!!!! One bit of advice I have is to not put them so close together, leave a little hair inbetween them.

Keep up the good work!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 1:02pm
I dont see why not.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 8:12pm

Thanks Marie & Kristin!

Kristin - do you only use the chips now for fusion installs? 

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:11pm

Ok!!! I've gotta play around with these chips...just been so busy!

Bridget...Are you using sholace or are you cutting of weft/bulk? They're not bad...a "little" long(I mean this in a constructive way)

Wanna know my secret for a smooth roll?

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:38am

Hey Gina!  I'm just cutting the hair from the weft and applying it right to the head. 

So what gives.... what is your secret roll?   I have to order some more chips to play with, but I figure if I do what marie mentioned above (melt glue on extention hair and then attach to natural hair) It won't be so long.  Is this what you do?

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:26pm

OK!!Here's my little tip I've some how stumbled upon...

Once I've applied the glue to the tip and purge it in a bit... I count 3-5? seconds,  lick my fingers and press and roll!(Yes hi-tech I know!) There's something about that dampness that keeps your fingers from sticking ang gives a SMOOTH roll! Now if you're in the salon this is not a very professional/sanitary technique, so a damp towel would do the job too.

Well, ladies...try this and let me know if  it works for you or if I'm just plum nuts!  

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:31pm

That's a great idea Gina.. I'll have to try it on Monday because today is my birthday so I took the whole day off *sigh of relief*

Bridget: Yes I have switched over the the chips, it's quicker and cleaner for me to do compared to the gun 

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:03pm
Hey! Happy birthday Kristin! It's a beautiful day for a birthday ~
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 6:11pm
OH yeah.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN!!!!!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 7:39am

Happy belated birthday Kristen!

Is there a reason why you want to leave hair inbetween each extension? When I had GL installed, that is how they placed them. Just curious.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by elvira elvira wrote:

Happy belated birthday Kristen!

Is there a reason why you want to leave hair inbetween each extension? When I had GL installed, that is how they placed them. Just curious.

I second that... "Happy Birthday, Kristin!"

I'm curious about leaving hair out inbetween too...?

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 6:23pm

Hi Kristen-

I'm getting ready to order some of your fusion chips to play around with.

I have a question though,

What's the removal like?  I have only used Mega and Balmain fusion, and those methods were a you know what to remove!

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 6:54pm

Thanks for the samples kristen, im also going to play around with them all.  I know what you mean about shrinkies now guys as each companies are so different.  I had previously made an order with www.additionallengths.co.uk who now also sell shrinkies but only the long ones (not on their site yet) and they appart from the short / long difference they are different thickness's too.  Im also amazed at how soft shrinkies are so i guess they must be pretty comfortable to wear?

I have fusion chips from Kristen and AD and on first appearances like Kristens best.  I feal im so far behind all you guys by just doing boring old fusion so i need to experiment more! I'll try these chips then micro-rings.

x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic