Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Short Hair Forum - Kinda long intro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Short Hair Forum - Kinda long intro
    Posted: July 06 2005 at 5:45am
Hello everyone!
I am new here from the Long Hair board.  I was going to try and grow my hair out due to $$$$ and the frustration of not finding a stylist or barber who consistently cut it the way I wanted it.  So every 2 or 3 weeks I would angst over whether it would turn out great or not.  Very Iffy and I've tried a lot of different stylists and barbers!  I wear it clipped (yep with clippers) short in back and the sides and about 1 to 1/4 inches over the rest of my head and just funk it up with a straightening iron and some pomade.  I love the look and feel more like me with it.  Well, I was going to grow it out but decided to try cutting it myself...it isn't much different than a man's haircut so how hard could it be?  I bought some clippers and hair cutting scissors and thinning shears at Sally's.  Came home and using two mirrors and going slow clipped, trimmed and used the thinning shears to give it a fringe look on the ends.  My wonderful husband cleaned up the neckline for me and it turned out fabulous.  Exactly what I wanted and I can keep it up for free and every two weeks!  Woo Hoo!  Does anyone else here cut their own hair?  BTW I've been reading this board and really like the support here. 
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 5:46am
Oops....I meant to say 1 to 1 1/4 inches on the rest of my head...not 1/4 inch.  YIPES!
Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:13am

Hi, I cut my own hair also,  I have short-spiked hair!! :-)   Yeah it can get expensive having someone else do it every few weeks, so that's why I decided to cut my own hair,(I also bleach my own hair too)  this way if I screw up then I have no one else to blame but myself. haha   Do you have any pic's of your hair that you would like to share? :-)

Kim

makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 1:42pm
16Paws: Welcome.

A lot of us folliculary-challenged guys cut our own hair

Kim: I save a lot of money too.
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 7:23am
Thanks for the welcome!  No pics yet, but I will get some posted soon.  In addition to saving money, the convenience is great...no making an appointment trying to work around everyone's schedule...driving there, etc.  Man this is the life!  Hee Hee
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:46pm

awesome!!!!   does your husband like yur hair short?

i loooove when my wife has short hair  though she has only began cutting it short over the past year at my urging and she has only gone about lip length to this point   buuuut shes only 24 so there is plenty of time and haircuts left in her life :)

id love to see pics of your cut i like cuts that have buzzed backs   however not bald ones   understand???

well im hapopy to hear you like it and am glad you are staying short

short = sexy

Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 6:06am
*waves*  I do my own, partly due to being poor :-P and partly due to bad experiences with stylists.  Not fun having to explain every month why you'd want to look more androgynous, being questioned about your orientation (okay, yeah, so I am gay. . . but still, it's stupid of them to make assumptions about that based on my hair!), or being reminded how thin your hair is, or how it grows in weird directions in some places (gee, thanks, never would've figured those out over this lifetime of living with this hair :-P ).  I get lazy about cutting, though, so it always looks pretty shaggy by the time I get around to doing it -_- .
More awesome than a manatee!
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 9:11am

lovebobs...yep my husband does like my hair short and I have a male friend you loves to rub the buzzed part!  Ha Ha.

Kuroneko...waving back...boy I feel your pain....I have only been questions once about my haircut/lesbian connection.  But I am a girlie type girl with manicures/pedicures/makeup etc. You hair looks cute in your pic and if you cut that yourself, you are doing great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:06am

Oh yeah people do get judged by the way that they have there hair, the clothes that they wear, etc..

I work at a Junior High School (In the Kitchen, I'm the head of running the computer for the Lunch Program). Well anyway a teacher of my daughters, saw me in the lunch room on the computer and said to my daughter and a few others, not knowing that I was her Mom he said, "Oh you see that lady over there with the short spiked hair and all of those tattoos, I bet that she rides a Harley Davidson".  Then my daughter said back to him,  "That's my Mom and no way would she ride a Motorcycle". hahahaha   My daughter said that the teachers eyes bugged out and his mouth dropped wide open, Gosh I wish I would of saw the look on his face. hehehehe  So you see you can't judge a book by it's cover!

Kim

16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:12am
Kimblonde35....I ride a Harley!    Actually most of the women riders I know have long hair they put in a braid when they ride...I'm atypical with short hair.  When I take off my helmet I put on a ballcap to hide my flat smooched helmet hair....I don't look good in the doo rag things!  Yep, people are stereo-typed...one of the women riders in our HOG chapter is a very conservative lobbyist...(I live in the DC area) and looks all wholesome and soccer mom type. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:25am

Cool!!   I know when I go places people look at me like I'm some sort of wild person or something haha   But I'm a very down to earth kind of person even tho that my looks don't show it!

It's just that I love my hair this way and I love tattoos!!haha

Ofcourse the kids where I work at (at the Junior High) all think that it's cool that my hair is like this and that I have tattoos, some of them even said that they wished that there mom would be like me. haha   I wonder what there parents would think if they saw me? haha

Oh well to each there own huh?

Kim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic