Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

to early to recolor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frizzylizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzylizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to early to recolor?
    Posted: July 07 2005 at 12:58pm
I just colored my hair 2 weeks ago in a dark ash brown to cover my ugly
orange highlights. It is now black. I used Natural Instincts semi so when
can I color again (suggestions for a brown color) or is a color remover
better.
thanks!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 7:29am
Hey!
The same thing happened to me. My roots were showing up (naturally black) and I didn't want to recolor them so I used a semi permanent in dark brown on the rest of my hair, but the ends are so porous that they went jet black but the rest of my hair isn't. So I've got black roots, brown mid lenghts and black ends. I dyed it about a week ago.
I'm going to try and use a clarifying treatment (last time I just mixed baking soda with shampoo) on the ends to lighten them a little bit and waiting a few days if it doesnt work ill have to use a color remover I guess.
Let me know what you try and if it works, good luck!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:10pm
umm natural instincts is a demi...... and demi's actually act like permanents, at least when  going darker. in another couple of weeks thes color will fade out a little bit. to speed up the process/make it fade to a lighter color you should use head and shoulders or prell shampoo (both can be bought at walmart) or you could go to sally beauty and get color fix. this would remove the color. leave it on untill you get a light orangy/red color, then color over with a medium ash brown demi  (this would give you a dark ash brown color) ((you could use natural instincts again)
hth
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 2:43pm
Try Olive oil.
Put Olive Oil on your hair and let it stay as long as you can.

The ph in Olive oil is such that it allows the cuticle to lift slightly and release some of the color molecules.  Do this over a series of days.

You will smell like a salad but it sometimes works.

Take care!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic