Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone taken Phentermine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone taken Phentermine?
    Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:50am
So, I just started taken Phentermine and have done a little research, but I wanted to know if anyone has any opinions about it?  Has anyone taken it and had any bad side affects or great weight loss?  I'm just trying to boost my weight loss, can I am slowly starting to excercise and eat less (obviously since the Phentermine greatly reduces hunger).  Just asking for opinions, success stories, or even bad stories...thanks!! 
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 3:02pm
I myself have not tried it, but an overweight male friend of mine is on a strong dose of it and lost 20 lbs since he started a little over 2 weeks ago.  Hes having side effects (dizzyness, dry mouth) and is only on it because he is obese, I personally wouldnt recommend it if you just need to lose 10 - 20 lbs
sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 3:48pm
Thanks...I actually need to lose 30-40 lbs.  A friend of mine lost about 50 lbs. in 3 months.  Did your friend just stop eating or is he also excercising?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 5:16pm
hes not doing anything different I believe
sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 6:19pm
Oh, okay, thanks!!  Appreciate the reply!!
kissa View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 12:05pm

I used it for 4 months and it sooo helped me lose weight! I started out at 207 in November and by June I was at 167 so about 40 lbs in 8 months. It totaly takes away your appite and give you so much energy. Some days I would get busy and forget to eat supper! The doc would only let me have it for 3 months then I stretched it to 5 months.

www.phentermine.com

Karissa

sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 11:02am

Hi Karissa,

Thanks!    I've only been using it for 2 weeks, but feel a lot better.  I have limited my diet a lot and I'm all ready noticing a difference.  Did you excercise?  I'm trying to get 3 days a week in...

How did you get it extended for 5 months?  And how much weight did you lose in the first 3 months?

Thanks again!!

wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:29pm

I was on what they called phen fen which includes phentermine, for 8 months. I was 16 and 190 pounds so I go to the doctor for weight loss advice and he gives me the phen fen (without consulting my parents I might add). I didn't change my way of living one bit and got down to 158 where it just stopped working. You really have to change your eating and excersise habits to make it work or you will gain it all back and then some. The second I went off it I ballooned up to 225, each diet I go on and then go off I get a little bigger gradually, and eventually got up to 286 as my max weight. All I can say is what ever you do to lose weight you have to be committed because each time you try it is usually a little harder each time. I tried south beach which worked but I got tired of it at 250 pounds and guess what, I am 280 now. I am currently on slim fast and I think they have greatly improved the taste and that is working for me now, but I am much more committed since my health is severely compromised right now. Aside from the messed up metabolism, I never had any heart or lung problems that were associated with the combo. I don't know how safe phentermine is alone but I would get off of it as soon as I could because it just isn't good to play dice with your health, and they are always coming out with stuff that seems good then they end up killing a small percentage of the people that took it.

Wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
Biker Chic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:05pm

Hi, I took Phentermine a couple of years back, and it worked wonderful for me. I lost 21 pounds the first month, and I continued to lose weight then I could no longer afford to go the diet pill clinic. I have maintained but it is true you must change your eating habits, and excercise.

I just recently started taking them again to lose a few more pounds, and I am doing Yoga and eating lean. I am doing well so far. I am no longer getting the meds from the clinics, it is a waste fo money. I researched and for the money I was spending there, I could order more pills online for the money. Actually I am getting almost triple for the money I was paying.

As for the side effects, the only one I deal with is the dry-mouth which makes me drink alot more water which is good for me all around.

Now if you start having side effects the doctor made a few suggestions to me that were very helpful. One thing is if you experience headaches or dizziness she said to either take 1/2 of a pill for a week then increase or take 1/2 of a pill in AM and the other 1/2 at lunch time. It  worked for me last time with taking 1/2 then the other 1/2. This time I took 1/2 for one week, now I am just starting takin a hold one and I am fine- no side effects.

Good Luck to all

HAPPY DYEING! :-)
**Biker Chic**
bentonace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bentonace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 1:35pm
You can get it from online pharmacies, there are several out there.  They do an "online consultation" and approve you for a prescription.  Just go to several different websites to find the best price.  The clear/blue capsules work the best for me.
"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're gonna feel all day." -Frank Sinatra
fraudulent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fraudulent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 8:13pm

Is it possible to get this over the counter?

scooby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 10:50am

Hiya, instead of expensive prescription pills, I'd suggest drinking green tea--it really curbs your appetite w/little or no side effects.

If you don't like drinking tea, you can try Mega-T Green Tea Dietary Supplements, which work the same: curbs appetite big-time, gives you energy w/o making you jittery. Plus, green tea is healthy otherwise (antioxidants, etc.). Mega-T is available in most local drug stores and are fairly cheap.

Biker Chic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 11:07am

It is not able to be bought over the counter. You must have a prescription, however it is able to be ordered off the internet. Also they have some sites that do C.O.D, all you do is fill out a questionaire.

As far as the Mega Green Tea goes, I tried that and it was awful, gave me headaches from hell, and it mostly definitley made me jittery. It may be cheaper, but I would much rather spend the money on something I know for a fact that works. I lost 20 pounds the 1st month, then I had some issues when the hurricane hit my home town and I had move. I haven't been taking them regularly, but have been excercising, and I have not gained one ounce back. Which is usually the complete difference with me, when I have a crisis in my life. I usually quit everything, and say what is the point, cause everything is in chaos. But I kept up the yoga, cause it just feels so good to stretch your muscles, and it also gives me energy.

everybody is different though, what works for one person may not work for another.Good Luck to everyone what they decide. Keep posting...

HAPPY DYEING! :-)
**Biker Chic**
scooby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 2:14pm

Thanks for your insights!

I like Mega-T b/c I've tried Meridia, Lipovarin, TrimSpa, Anorex and Lipoxinol, and I liked Mega-T the best. All of the others either made me feel oddly subdued and/or jittery.

But, as you said, to each their own. It's tough losing weight, but worth the effort, appearance- and healthwise

suki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 3:32pm

for you all who have tried it...what is the difference between the diff types of pills? the clear&blue/yellow/white.... ?? thanks!

want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:56pm
I just ordered some of these pills off of the internet so I hope they work for me
eliz44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliz44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 1:37pm
is it possible to get Phentermine without a prescription online. can you get it at a drugstore?  i'm 17 would it be okay if i took it just to lose 30 pounds?
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 8:48pm
Honestly since you are only 17 years old I would advise you not to take diet pills, but to answer your question you can not buy at a drugsture and I think most diet pills require that you be 18 years old they will id you. I would suggest you eat healthy your body may still be going through some changes and work out especially if you are not obese or maybe talk to your doctor
skibumps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 10:17pm
I am a RN, and have taken phentermine, as well as xenical.  Here's the low down on prescription diet pills.  First of all, they are controlled substances, and are composed of amphetamine or a chemical structure similar to amphetamine, hence the reason you need a rx.  They have a high addiction potential, and that is why they are a C-II substance.  However, you can order them online (which I've done as well), but you still get a rx, as legally, you MUST have a rx to get these medications.  If you obtain these meds w/o a rx, then you are getting them illegally and they are probably not the real thing; or they may be a mixture of multiple ingredients, including illicit drugs, which makes them extremely dangerous.  These drugs are only for short term use due to their addictive properties and abuse potential.  As everyone has said, they should be used in conjuction with an exercise program and a healthy diet, and of course, under the supervision of a MD.  They work wonderfully in helping you lose weight fast, but if you're not eating properly to begin with, as soon as you stop taking them, the wgt comes back and then some!  They will give you energy because they are amphetamine (speed).  The different colors and types are due to the different forms.  Phentermine and most others in this class come in IR (immediate release) or ER or SR (extended or sustained release).  The tablets will always be an immediate release, and the capsules will always be a sustained or extended release.  The IR form will have a rapid onset, but will wear off quicker.  The ER or SR will have a more delayed, gradual onset, and will take longer to wear off.  A SR or ER form should not be taken in late afternoon or later as you may not be able to sleep.  I have never been overweight, but like most other young women, wanted to be thin, so took phentermine.  I had horrible headaches while taking it (common side effect) and once I stopped, they went away. Other common side effects include heart palpitations, agitation, increased energy, insomnia, hypotension [low blood pressure], and anxiety.  Xenical is an atypical wgt loss drug that recently won FDA approval to be sold OTC, although I'm not sure when that will start.  Currently, it's only available with a rx.  Xenical works differently from the other amphetamine like drugs by blocking absorption of fat.  It is not an amphetamine and isn't a controlled substance.  All fat is excreted through the stool.  It works pretty well, but can be messy and embarassing, as it's not uncommon to develop fecal incontinence and leaking of stool, as well as greasy, oily stools (I know--gross, but when you're a nurse, this is like talking about the shoes you bought the other day:).  However, you learn to be more conscious of your diet, as when taking Xenical, you should lower your overall intake of total fat grams/day.  However, when it's all said and done, taking any type of medication always has risks and side effects, so it's just best to eat properly, exercise, and if feasible, get a personal trainer, as I learned so much about diet and my body when I had a personal trainer.  I also lost wgt quickly on the diet she put me on, and my body looked great from the regular exercise that included cardio and wgts.  Remember, calories in=calories out.  Hope this helps answer any questions about rx diet pills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic