Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK INSTALL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:37pm

sherrie that luks soooo nice

is n.o 22 in RK lighter than normal?

that luks like v v v blonde

v v v nice  

edited woops already been asked

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 5:30pm

WOW...thanks for all the compliments!  Im really liking these bonded wefts again, its a nice change! The only thing I dislike about installing these is the MESSY LG! The stringiness drives me crazy! And I get a little nutso over the glue on my fingers! I have to keep taking breaks to pick the glue off my fingers and clean up all the stringy's everywhere!

Delin, yes I do eat whatever I want, I dont lift weights but I lift cases of beer all day at work, and put anywhere from 3-6 miles a day on my feet (Ive checked it with a pedometer before!)

Chunt, (WHOA I almost had a typo and forgot the H...wouldnt have been good) I keep my hair layered to help with blending. And I put a few light layers in the top rows and layer around the front. I did a little more layering and thinned the top of my natural hair a little with my feather razor after those pictures last night.

Tangles, I just glue in the wefts using the sandwiching method. In the extensions 101 thread there is a link to it, and also on Quinns board its posted in the 'Loose' section. I have some pictures I took during install too if you want to see them. I remove with acetone usually, but have also used the LG remover. Im trying to stay away from acetone, so I will probably use the LG(takes a little longer) remover or try Amms (will probably work just as well)citrus remover on the LG.

Syren & Gina they are the machine wefts. Not a bulky weft, but not as thin as the handtied. Id say they are an average machine weft.

Shel, I thought about watermarking the pictures, but didnt know how for one, plus I dont think the photos are that great and you can obviously tell they are self portraits! So I dont really think anyone may be too interested in them!

Sorry if I missed any questions, and THANK YOU for all the nice compliments! I dont post my installs very often! It means alot to me when my 'hair pals' make compliments, since everyone here has such gorgeous heads of hair!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:40pm
Wow. This is most impressive, Sherrie.

I have to say, I've never even considered bonded wefts before, but after seeing these pics.... Zoweee!!!!

I'm just amazed at how invisible they are and at how lush and seamless the overall effect is.

I know you prefer the ChrissyV glue over the LG, correct?

How damaging would you say this method is compared to others?

What are the advantages, drawbacks, etc.? How long do they last?

I'm so intrigued by this. There's no way I can get that kind of invisibility with any strand-by-stand method.

And how much skill does it take to do this? I know you've been doing them for a long time, but is it easy for a beginner (keeping in mind that I'm totally uncoordinated, lol).

Let's all take a road trip to Sherrie's! (I'm sure you wouldn't mind hosting 100 hair fanatics for a weekend, lol.)

:)
goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 3:51am

Wow, very hot Sherrie!   That light, light blonde looks fantastic on you.

Your "sandwhich" method looks pure genius!  I have never heard of it before.  So how are you going to wash, and treat your new hair? I know NEVER to blowdry it as this hair needs all the tender loving care it can get - considering the processing it has gone through. But I would really like to know your recommendations on products! And I also have to know, would you sleep with it in a braid?

I got my RK hair recently. I got a hand-tied weft in strait, colour #27 and 26 inches. The hand-tied is nice and thin. I live in Australia and even here the shipping is a super quick 4 days! I have washed it twice so far. It is strong hair but yes it does have this interesting wave once it has been washed. I have to state it does feel a little coarseI don`t mind the wave at all but the one thing I HATE is the coarse feeling it has. I guess we can`t have it all when we are not using caucasian hair.... (which is finer in strands than indian and asian hair)...but I soooo wish that there was something I could use on it that would make it feel softer and silkier. There must be something that will transforn the texture! Oh and how is the usual shedding and tangling situation you usually experience with wefts? Anyway all the best with your new hair Sherrie...your`e da bomb babe!

http://www.planet-goddess.combecomebeautiful.htm/">My
Love coaching system, seduction secrets, pageant & celebrity beauty tips...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 11:26pm

Jenny I do prefer the ease of application/removal with ChrissyV. But for one of the things I do like about LG is that it is less detectable. The glue is clear and dries clear (at least on blonde or light hair, not sure but I think it also dries clear on dark hair too) ChrissyV glue comes in 4 shades so you cant always get a perfect match.

Ive never experienced a lot of damage from bonded wefts. I think its like most other methods, you have to be careful with sectioning, application and removal. I dont think I experienced as much damage with wefts as I did with fusion (which also was minimal)

Of course they will not last as long as other methods. Probably about 6 weeks for me, I guess Ill keep you posted on that!

One thing I dislike about this method is that I cant put as much hair on my head as Id like. I could double up the wefts (sew them together, before install) but I think that might make it bulky?. I used one weft plus about 1/3 of another one. But the RK hair has alot of volume so that helps it to look really full. I can tell the difference in the weight of hair thats on my head, it feels so light but man the size of the ponytail is huge!

I think this is about the easiest method to do and doesnt take alot of time. I can do my own full head in under 3 hours. I can do someone else in an hour and a half tops

goddess, I do wash and blowdry and curl daily, although Im trying to cut back on the washing and drying to every other day.  Yes It is bad to do all those things and I know it will shorten the lifespan of the hair and bonds. But when Ive used this method in the past I did the routine DAILY and always got 5-7 weeks wear out of the method. Sometimes the hair didnt hold up that long though and I am concerned about the RK hair holding up. It is a bit more tangly than Im used to, and I hope this isnt a bad sign of whats to come....

My favorite stuff to use is infusium leave in conditioner, I like Redkins anti-snap and I LOVE the redkin soft blowdry. I think I need to find a good deep conditioning treatment for the length. And I used to use some capsules from Avon advanced therapy. They were little gel caps that you broke open and it was an oil that you massaged into the ends of the hair. I cant find them anymore but they were AWESOME.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 1:01am
Better late than never. :)

Yowza! Great technique there, Sher. That is a whole lotta hair. Looks great!
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 11:28am

hey sherrie,

are the wefts undetectable in a ponytail? does it look natural?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 1:11pm

Alexia I can wear my hair up in a clip or in a ponytail. Of course a low ponytail is easier. As long as you keep your wefts away from partlines/and hairlines you should be able to do a ponytail ok.

Please excuse the pictures as I did this real quick for demonstration purposes!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 4:47pm
Sherrie, can you reuse the wefts after you take them out?  Have you tried Amms remover on the LG?  I am thinking of trying your sandwich technique, how hard is it to use LG?????
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 5:06pm

Yes you can reuse the wefts, it takes a bit of work to get the track area clean of the glue. I generally dont reuse wefts, simply becuase I trash the hair by the time Im ready for a re-do! I have not tried amms remover on the LG wefts. This is the first time Ive used wefts in quite some time, and Amms remover wasnt around yet the last time I used bonded wefts.

LG gold is tricky to use, just because of the stringiness. But one nice thing is it doesnt set up so super fast, so you have a few minutes to get them positioned and placed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 5:51pm

thanx 4 the pics =) also, does it have a natural wave if you let it air dry?  I think I read that you used 1 and 1/3 weft. how wide was one weft to start with? sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure this method is what I want 2 do. =) thanx

Edited by Alexia81189

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 5:54pm
oOoOo I 4got... how did you apply it yourself? did you have special way of doing it so you can see the back of your head? Ive always wondered how you girls DYI extensions. You all do such a good job of doing extensions yourself. =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 9:10pm

please please help

bump

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 9:34pm

Im so sorry Alexia, somehow I missed your posts.

Yes the hair does have a bit of natural wave to it if you let it airdry. I believe my wefts were I bit different in the width. One was 32 inches wideand one was 36 inches wide. I used all of the 32 inch weft and about 1/3 of the other weft. This is less hair by weight than what Im used to wearing, but the hair has ALOT of volume so It looks really full.

Well, my DIY install of bonded wefts consists of sitting on the bathroom counter with a full length mirror stradled between my legs!  Hey...whatever works! LOL

Some of the ladies here have used a video camera or webcam pointed at the back of their head and sitting in front of the computer monitor, and that way you are not looking at everything in reverse like with mirrors!

Personally Im not too happy with the RK hair. Im at just over two weeks, and Im not sure how long this hair will make it.

My LG bonds are holding well. Still very strong and secure and have just barely budged away from my scalp. But the hair is very tangly and dry. I put loads of moisture products and conditioner on it, and they dont seem to be helping much. This morning after my shower I was seriously concerned with the matting and tangling and really had a difficult time combing it out even with products. Through the day the hair matts up in the back (where it lays on my back up near the neck area) and Ive never experienced this with other hair before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 10:37pm

oOo thanx soo much 4 posting back . Im sorry 2 hear that the hair isnt holding up well, I was getting exited about the hair. so you dont recommend the hair? Is it so bad that it probably wouldnt be good for a second install? rrrr I wished it was good hair, the price was soo good!! oOo well. What have you tried that you have liked the best? I am going to do an install with the bonding sandwhich weft technique =) and I was wondering what you would recommend. Do you like synth hair better than human hair? Im guessing its probably a yes since it doesnt tangle as bad as what your current install does. What supplier do you get the hair you like the best from? sorry for even more questions but I want the bonding install to be the best it possibly can be . Im getting excited for my next install... cant wait!! lol, its getting late and Im getting a little loopy  thanx

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:23am

Its been so long since I done bonded wefts that I cant remember what I liked best for wefted hair that Ive used. Ive been using fusion or shrinkies with preglued and pretipped hair that I get from Korea for a long time now. This was the first time I used wefts in a long time. Ill have to think on that, its too early in the morning! The brain isnt functioning yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 4:12pm
sorry  its fine =)  I know what you mean I was on till 2 last night cuz I was getting excited about how close Im getting to having all the stuff I need for my next install, I was really loopy lol. soo do you like the strand methods better now that you have tried the wefts again? Also, is the color fading or anything? Is the hair getting frizzy? thanx soo much sherrie =)
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 5:56pm
Sherry I have the same problems with this hair! I have to say Amm's sugestion of olive oil has helped make this hair reasonable! For the hair I have installed I couldnt soak in the oil like I did the weft but I put it on the length in the shower for a while then shampoo and conditiner. To day I added a few drops of the oil to my conditioner and thay really helped still a bit dry but better than it was. I will do this every wash.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 8:05pm

Alexia, I used to use Glamourhair back before the prices went sky high and I did like that hair. Hollywood hair wasnt to bad (with alot of TLC)for the short term using bonded wefts. Ive used many other brands that were really bad. But from reviews I would suggest EP or Boyhme. I havent used either one myself but they get good reviews. I think I want to try Bohyme just so I can give an honest opinion. The EP hair has went up alot in price recently.

Each method, the wefts/ the strand by strand has their own pros and cons. I like both methods. I really like the easy and quick install of bonded wefts. I like the invisibleness of the bond with the sandwich technique using LG. And I like the way the hair lays with wefts. And its not bulky at all. What I dont like is that until the tracks start loosening, and growing away from the scalp...they can be really ITCHY.... for the first couple of weeks they are right tight to the scalp and you cant hardly get a finger or anything under them to SCRATCH! LOL. This is where a toothpick comes in handy! I also dont like that I cant install as much hair with wefts. You can double the wefts and sew them together then install, but I think it may make it bulky (maybe you could glue them together with LG) havent tried it!

No color fading with the RK hair (or any hair that Ive ever used) Some frizziness on the ends, but my biggest problem is tangling/matting at the neck area and Ive taken pictures if anyone wants to see them. The matting is BAD in that area.

marie, I musta missed amm's suggestion of olive oil on the lengths. I also have some Biosilk silk therapy that I may try, its an oil product. Maybe Ill put that on and leave it overnight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 8:47pm
is it difficult to put all of your hair in a high ponytail? I do alot of sports so this is a must 4 me everyday. I know the strand by strand no problem with the ponytail but how do the wefts lay when you put hair up in a ponytail?
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic