Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

doing a friends hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: doing a friends hair
    Posted: July 10 2005 at 11:08pm
hey yall. i have a friend that would like me to bleach out the ends of her natrually dark brown hair. she has no other chemicals in her hair at all. and the hair is in really good condition. what i was wondering is if i bleach to a pale yellow (iside of a banana) will the red manic panic dye that she wants to put over it come out red? or will it come out more orangy?
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 11:46pm
It will most likely look more pink.If you are lightening it for the manic panic then you shouldnt need to lighten all the way to pale yellow.I have done this myself(lighten then dyed pink).And I never had to lighten alot to get the color i wanted.But I could be wrong.hopefully someone else will chime in.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 8:47am
Yeah tahts true, even in salons when they put red in the hair and ifd they use something like manic panic red on dark hair, they only bleach it to the orange stage, it takes the color better.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:18pm
ok. thats what i was thinking as well. just wanted to make sure. thanks alot u two
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 1:10am
Definitely the orange stage (unless she wants magenta hair).  I think Special Effects' reds last longer than Manic Panic's, though.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:33am
hey thanks for the advice. im gonna do my whole head (im not bleaching, my hair is light enough already), and well both use a different brand and see whose lasts longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic