Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I go short?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I go short?
    Posted: August 17 2005 at 11:05am
Brigitta, how 'bout an update, please.
HAWG
jamesholaspple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesholaspple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:16am
you are way to beautiful to worry about your hair. You could pull off just about any look you wanted
your always beautiful no matter what you do to your hair
Lorryann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorryann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 8:39am

I'm with eatgreenjello--go for the video imaging. I never would have been able to convince myself or my stylist that short hair would look good on me until I did this.  It's worth the investment.  I had always been told I didn't have the face shape or body type to pull off a super short haircut, so I struggled for years with perms, products, and blow drying for hours to achieve a hair style that usually ended up looking terrible by noon.

The style you're interested in is the style I am planning on when I grow out my buzzcut this winter.

I'm nit saying to try anything radical, but the pictures won't lie,and you'll know what to expect.

Good luck!

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 2:00pm

I love your hair, and I love the picture of the haircut you want.  Since that is such a drastic decision, you should write down the pro's and cons of long hair, and the pros and cons of short hair.  Seeing your thoughts in writing can really help you decide.

Also, I just suggested this to someone else, you could try hair video imaging which is done at some salons.  They take your picture with your hair pulled back, and then you pick out hairstyles you like, and see them on your face.  You could also do video imaging on Ladies Home Journal website for free.  You need a digital camera if you want to do this on the web.

Also ask yourself if you are going through a stressful time in your life.  When people are having stress, it's not a good idea to make a major decision, like cutting off your long hair to pixie short. 

Let us know what you decide to do!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:31am
I think your face shape is too big, you should try a chin length bob or similiar style instead.
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 6:25pm
You seem to have really good features, so I'm certain you'd easily be able to
pull off a real short cut like that one in the pic. Good luck!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 12:33am
The pics didn't show last time I was here, but I can see them now.  I like the pic of the hair you want, but if you're fond of long hair, I'd have to also suggest going in stages to avoid new haircut shock.  People who always wanted short hair but felt like they couldn't have it for one reason or another might actually be better off taking it all in one go, however, because it's more like a relief than a frightening experience.
More awesome than a manatee!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 4:18pm

Given the numerous people who report that their stylist never cuts it short enough or the way they want it - I would be surprised if weren't discouraged from cutting it that short in one go and you may end up with a shorter cut but not as short as the picture.

If you want it all taken off in one go I'd say be very confident and make it totally clear from the outset what you want and don't back down.

Hope you get want you want in the end

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
cl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:28am

Your hair is gorgeous, I would kill for hair that long!

I just had my long hair cut off to a bob, and don't like it! If I could turn the clock back then I would cut it gradually.

but if you really want that style then go for it!

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 3:10pm

Your hair looks spectacular, Brigitta! Good luck making your decision, but of course, I'm rather prejudiced toward long hair. Well, you asked! (lol) Bob

cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 12:13am
Maybe it would look a little like this.  I kind of like it!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2132930 425&idx=1

Hope you like.

Rik
send me a pic I will see what I can do!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 7:47pm
Go for it!!  I think you'll look great.
HAWG
Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:14am

How about buying some wigs and wear those for a few days to see how you would like the look of short hair!

Kim

trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 7:50am

That is a really drastic cut.  If you cut it that shot from day 1 you're likely to not enjoy it and then grow it out immediately.  Stage it so you can try some looks in between.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 7:07am
You and your hair look great.. I think cutting in stages is a great idea... Just think of how many sexy styles you can have on your way to short hair.. very short if thats what you want!  GO FOR IT...KEEP US POSTED!!!!!!!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 5:37am
Hello Brigitta,

Your hair is very pretty.  How many different ways can you style your hair now?

If you do decide to cut, going shorter in stages will allow you the luxury of avoiding significant re-growth in the event you decide along the way that you don't want your hair any shorter.  You might also consider experimenting with different styles through the process.  Then you can compare your preference for each look, and learn-as-you-go which looks you like the most.
Brigitta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:00am

Hi everyone

I have had long hair all my life, but now I am getting tired of it. I am thinking of cutting it very short. My friends say I should go for it, but I  am also a little bit afraid. Maybe I should have it cut in stages... What do you think?

The first picture is one of me taken last week. The second one shows how I would like to cut my hair.

Best regards

Brigitta

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic