Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boyfriend cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fwtstud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwtstud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boyfriend cut
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:34am
Has anyone here let their boyfriend/husband cut their hair? Would you let them?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 7:34am
If I had short hair, I wouldn't let my SO cut it unless I knew he was skilled, but anybody with their head on straight can properly trim long hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 7:31am
When I had short hair, I only trusted myself to do it (a pro could have too I'm sure).  I let my boyfriend tidy mine on the ends after I cut it - now that its long and I just cut it blunt.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 4:36pm
I've cut a GF's hair a couplel of times.. it was a blast!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 4:46pm
I let my bf cut my hair sometimes, only if i want him to that is. I don't let him cut it because HE wants to... 
Diane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:41pm
No way!  But I do cut it myself.
Diane Schwartz
EMN_2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMN_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 12:31am
I have let my husband trim the ends of my hair. My hair is really long so I trust him to trim the ends straight across, but he doesn't touch the layers! Could you imagine that disaster?!
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:53pm
I don´t think he´d have the nerve!  I do it myself.
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
DM61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DM61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 8:00pm

Hi, I have been cutting my wife's hair for almost 16 years now. She used to have layers that I cut, but I got her to grow them out. Oh by the way her hair is thick and natural curly (loose ringlets to waves). She wouldn't have anyone else cut her hair now.

David

mitch5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 3:10am
Hi ftwstud,

I cut my girlfriends hair every month and a half sometimes an inch and sometimes 2 inches. Her hair grows very very fast and it's at waist length. So I maintain it for her and keep her length at her waist. She wouldn't have anyone else cut her hair. Her hair is blunt cut at the ends. Her next haircut is going to be in a few days and she wants a little more cut this time. I'm cutting 3 inches off.

If your hair is long past your shoulders let your boyfriend just trim your hair straight across blunt cut. Have him cut less then 1/2 inch for starters. You never know he might just do a good job and you might like it, but let him cut your hair on your terms not his and use a very sharp scissors for a good cut dull scissors give a choppy cut. Go to sally's beauty supply or your local beauty supply store and buy a good pair or scissors. Good luck and post a reply and let me know what you did.

Sincerely
Mitch
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 3:14pm
No way! nobody is going near my hair with scissors other than my stylist. I adore my honey, but that's where I draw the line.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 9:17pm
HAWG
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:14pm
He looks like he is in pain in that photo!
I have just past BSL hair and i have been trying to persuade my bf to give me a trim for quite a while, but he chickened out in the end and i went to the hairdressers instead luckly i have a very understanding hairdresser who only trims of as much as i ask her :)
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
mitch5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 3:59am
Hey Viktoria,

I think he would cut your hair if you asked him. Just have him cut 1/2 inch off. Blunt cut at th bottom.

Mitch
Bill W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 6:56pm
I have been TRIMMING my wife's hair for the last 17 plus years. A woman's hair is her crowning glory. To cut it short is a symbol of punishment, and of shame. I love my wife and for me to chop off her elbow length hair would be a betrayal of that trust. I trust her and she trusts me. If I ever get to a point where I fear she is with another man, disparaging her feminity will not restore that trust. I have heard her say some co-workers wanted her to "donate" her hair for a cause that uses and/or sells it for support of their cause. Well I wouldn't want her to sell sex for Christmas toys as they have done in France, we give money to charities each pay day, I would not expect her to sacrafice her hair, sell tricks, or I to sell a body part or do a killing to support a "charitable cause". To cut or trim a  women's hair is a matter of trust. If my wife woulodn't trust me to trim her hair, she should never have accepted my ring or agreed to raise our children. After 17 years, her hair is long, our children are in a home with two God fearing parents who love them. And by the way I have never given my wife a trim that has caused her to be upset or cry. I have had a couple of her friends ask to get their bangs or ends trimmmed and or evened up. But I would never dishonor them as women with a short hair cut. It would be just wrong.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 11:30pm
"I have been TRIMMING my wife's hair for the last 17 plus years. A woman's hair is her crowning glory. To cut it short is a symbol of punishment, and of shame. I love my wife and for me to chop off her elbow length hair would be a betrayal of that trust. I trust her and she trusts me. If I ever get to a point where I fear she is with another man, disparaging her feminity will not restore that trust. I have heard her say some co-workers wanted her to "donate" her hair for a cause that uses and/or sells it for support of their cause. Well I wouldn't want her to sell sex for Christmas toys as they have done in France, we give money to charities each pay day, I would not expect her to sacrafice her hair, sell tricks, or I to sell a body part or do a killing to support a "charitable cause". To cut or trim a  women's hair is a matter of trust. If my wife woulodn't trust me to trim her hair, she should never have accepted my ring or agreed to raise our children. After 17 years, her hair is long, our children are in a home with two God fearing parents who love them. And by the way I have never given my wife a trim that has caused her to be upset or cry. I have had a couple of her friends ask to get their bangs or ends trimmmed and or evened up. But I would never dishonor them as women with a short hair cut. It would be just wrong. "

Uhh? Guys, is it just me, or is everyone else very comfused about Bill W's post?

Bill, I believe once again, you are a little comfused. The question was "would you let your boyfriend/husband cut your hair? As I'm sure you must have read, the people that actually said yes, also said their significant other just trims their hair (1,2 or 3 inches). Nobody is talking about cutting anybody's hair short( Not that there is anything wrong with that).

As for your comment about letting your s/o cut your hair being a matter of trust, and that your "wife would not have accepted your ring or agreed to raise your children, if she didn't trust you enough to cut her hair" I would have to say, "WHAT?". One thing has absolutly nothing to do with the other. I trust, love, and respect, my soon to be husband. We are both God fearing people as well, and I'm sure will also raise wonderful children. But he is not a hair stylist, so he is not cutting my hair. Just like I wouldn't trust him to fix a cavity because is not a dentist. Now, he is both a lawyer and an engineer, so I would trust him to legaly represent me, or to design and supervise my construction project.
 And I am really comfused by the whole turning tricks, and selling sex for x-mas deal. How did we get to that? What does that have to do with the topic? Please belive me, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just really comfused about your response. And how is donating hair for a good cause, comparable to selling sex or a body part, or killing someone?

If I have missunderstood you, please correct me, because I am really comfused.

I do gather by your comment about "a woman's hair is her crowning glory, and that to cut it is a symbol of punishment and shame", and "you wouldn't dishonor your wife by cutting her hair short", that you are talking about it from some sort of religious point of view ? I'm I right? Because if that is the case, the question had nothing to do with religion, so I'm even more comfused by the response.

I am a borned again christian myself. However I belive a woman's crowning glory is to be able to let the love of the Lord shine through her. Not to grow super long hair. However, this is not a religious forum and we do not discuss that type of matters here. We are here to share our likes or dislikes about hair. Our experiences about hair, good or bad, and to share advice with each other. Or other things such as fashion, shoes, share our stories about those subjects etc.

So if I'm missing something here, or I am the one who missunderstood, somebody please enlighten me, because I am totally lost with the above response.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 9:06pm
I've cut my girlfriends hair a few times. It's so sexy, i think because it is so intimate. She cut mine every month buzz cut number two. I think she love giving me a haircut as i enjoy receiving it :-) 

Let them cut it and if you don't like it it will always grow back. It's so personal i bet you'll have a goodtime.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 9:10pm
Well if your boyfriend won't give you a trim I would like to volunteer instead :-)

I'm not a professional hairdresser, but i do have a hair cutting fetish. So if your in my area I would love to give you a trim or easy haircut :-)

Give me a shout if your tempted, otherwise force your boyfriend in to it.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 1:58pm
I wouldn't let him cut my hair, but I would like to be able to cut his. Is there a Video or maybe somewhere where you can get a quick lesson on how to use clippers. I wouldn't really need any scissors to cut his hair, I know I could do it with clippers, so I not affraid to do it. But I would like to learn how to do it right. Wouldn't want to mess up his look, he is really cute!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:15pm
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic