Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! TRYING FOR BLONDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wantblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! TRYING FOR BLONDE
    Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:12pm
Ok - here is quick summary - and I need your help/input.  For as long as I can remember I have been a blonde - and every shade of blonde.  My natural is a "dirty dishwater" level 6 I think my hairstylist says.  However, I have been all over blonde, highlighted blonde, etc.  I think the golden/red blondes look terrible on me - adn think I look better with the lighter blondes.  However, since I was sick of all the damage on my hair, about 3 months ago I went to a chocolate brown - and I have to say, I liked it - although, my blonde ambition soon came through and I have decided to be blonde again.  So I went to hairstylist yesterday (very recommended/trained in London at Toni & Guy, etc) - and she said that in order to get back to blonde would take many steps (which I knew).  So she first did something like "paint bleach" or something....and told me not to freak when it came out - and I almost did as it was yellow.  But she told me before you can color you need a base.  So then she put toner on to take out some of the yellow/warm.  After 2 more treatments, I still feel quite all over yellow.  The next step will be highlights - which I am going back for tomorrow.  However, before I go through all of this - will this work?  I'm so upset with my Big Bird looking yellow hair that I want to just go back to dark brown!  But when I was leaving salon yesterday she kept saying it was a good base to color from - does this sound ok?  And do you think highlights are the way to go - any suggestions??  Sorry this is so long - but so funny how a bad color can lead to a baaaaad day!!!  Any help greatly appreciated.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:26pm
You need some kind of violet based toner to counteract the yellow, whether or not you get highlights in it. Make sure she knows you're not happy with the yellow at all. It shouldn't be difficult to take care of at this point.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 8:53pm
I agree with eKatherine. You need a violet based toner to tone it down. Try Born Blonde semi-permanent (Innocent Ivory or Blissfully Blonde are good choices) or Clairol Creme toner with 20vol. in Towhead or Champagne Beige to tone down yellow hair. It's a must!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:05am
THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR REPLIES - I WILL BE GOING TODAY AND HOPEFULLY CAN TAKE OUT THE HEADBAND THAT IS CURRENTLY COVERING MY HAIR!!  THANKS AGAIN!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 4:03pm
OK - I'M BACK - AND AFTER HIGHLIGHTS TODAY (AND TOTAL BILL $150) - I THINK IT LOOKS HORRENDOUS!!!!!  VERY YELLOW/VERY PALE/ - I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO DEEP BROWN IT WAS AS THAT WAS AT LEAST A COLOR WITH SOME GUSTO (AND I HAVE BLUE EYES AND EVERYONE TOLD ME THAT COLOR MADE MY EYES COME OUT) - I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY MORE DAMAGE AND I DON'T WANT TO WAIT - IT'S WAAAY TOO LIGHT/YELLOW - ANY SUGGESTIONS?  DO YOU THINK I'M CRAZY FOR WANTING TO GO BACK TO WHERE I STARTED?
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 7:50pm
I suggest you to go to any Sally Beauty and buy yourself Born Blonde semi-permanent bottle, either in Innocent Ivory or Blissfully Blonde. It's very gentle and doesn't require a developer to use it with the bottle. Use it straight on your hair. Process for 20-30 minutes. It will tone down your bright yellow hair, it will do the job.

I think it's a normal reaction wanting to go back dark. I was like that too but then eventuallly I got used to it. I loved the feeling of being blonde. It's worth it, even if it's just few months or years before returning to natural color. You only live once. After you tone your hair, it will look better! Try few more days after you tone. If you still don't like it, then go back dark by doing a tintback.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:14pm

Thanks again for reply adn guidance.  I'm unfortunately out of the country right now - so I think I will have to wait it out as I won't have access to a good beauty supply store for a bit.  I will wait as long as I can - and I do think that in 2 weeks I may like it a bit more - it's just too much of one color - when I left she suggested to wait a couple of weeks and then get chunky highlights put in (or caramel/lighter blonde).  AHHHHHH - just want to be done with this!  Thanks again....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic