Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*pic* 1. install, help me get better!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *pic* 1. install, help me get better!
    Posted: July 18 2005 at 4:44am
I´m have been allowed to practice on my dear friend. She is goth girl, and wanted something wild.

Her naked head. She cuts her own hair, and usually have a hairstyle of teased hair, pointing straight out in the air. That made it difficult, because she have short and long hair all mixed together:
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/naked_head

She wanted black and white hair, with some green in it. Here we are finished putting in the black in the nape, and the white:
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/2.jpg

Closeup of the shrinkies, when I finished putting in the green. Because her hair is only 2 cm long (almost an inch) pretty much all over the back head, we desided to put all of her backhair into shrinkies:
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/1.jpg

Finish:
(Sorry, bad pic quality)
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/finish_sid e.jpg

Here you really se where the hairline is. The green is coveret, but the black is pushed to one side in the pic. It does that really easy by itself. To I have to put more black on top of the green?
And one other thing. I´m really not satisfied with my work. How can i make it better?
Nevermind the end of the hair. We haven´t cut it yet, beacuse she was having a prof. haircutting friend to visit the next day.
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/finish_bac k.jpg

Here is how she wears it, because it blends so badly:
http://familienpetersen.dk/haar/1_shrinkie_instal/finish_bra id.jpg

Heeelp . It looks awfull...

EDIT: Somehow I could not show the pictures in the post, so you´ll have to use the links. Weird!!

Edited by Synne
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 4:46am
Yeshhh .. I can´t make the pictures work ...

I´m working on it...
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:17am
I think that you did a great job! It does not look awful at all. Are you just looking to add color now to it?
plastikhaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:30am
hi there synne

thats no so bad..

i would give you the following tipps:

blend the colours! if you use black and green for ex.
use 20% of it and blend it together so you get a dark green
maybe dont blend the white cause its gets grey then...

you definatly have to layer the hair to cover where her hair ends.
use a razorblade and start cutting from above.
first row only about 10cm longer then her own hair-.-
but note that you have to razor very precise, meens
that the point where you start cutting and the pont where the streak
actually ends should be around 10-15cm.-..
so it looks like the streaks gets naturally thinner and thinner.

sorry i really dont knowhow to explain that---hope thats any help!

oh and do the 2 rows on the top in black to cover the green and the white

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:42am

Elvira: No, the colours she´s having is all she is going to get (I´m running out of scalp )

Sara:Thank you so much for the advise. I will try that.

And to you both, many thanks for the nice words.

/S

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 7:33am
yes i too would add more black to the top, and razor it :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:21am

Hey there, Synne.  Looks really good!  I'd maybe try a wefted method next time on her tho...  In the before pic, looks like her hair is really thin and sparse, in other words, not a lot of natural hair to cover your attachments.  The shrinkies looked really close to the scalp too, which could cause some unwanted tension issues.  Just my 2 cents tho...   I love the colors!  Is she going to wear it for as long as she can?

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:39am
It does! It looks REALLY good! She's just weirded out cuz she went from short to long and from black to ...well, green and black. It will be perfect with some trimming and stuff. Great job!!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:27am

Hi,

I think overall it looks good, but I agree with Bridget that the shinkies look like they are  too close to the scalp and the sections are too big, therefore you have a lot of traveling hairs.  When hairs travel, you will have problems as with too much tension on the hair and it may even pull the hair out of the scalp, so it's something you have to becareful about.

Overall, it just takes a lot of practice to get the technique down, but you're on your way to being an expert!

blondie718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 12:51pm
Hey what hair did you use? i LOVEEE the white haha where
can i get that one?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 1:12pm
I think so far so good.  I would also go a little higher on the head with some black for coverage/blending.  And a razor/thinning shears will go a long long way into blending things smoothly.  I'm not as bothered by how close you installed the shrinkies to the head since they are laying in the right direction not sticking straight off the head.

Which green is that grass green?  I like the color combo too.  It's good to get another less traditional person over here, we are not the majority on this board!

:)al
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 2:02pm

Bridget: Wefts sound like a good idea. I don´t know how long she is going to have it in. Both me and her are having our 3 months old babys yanking the hair all day (we had due date 3 weeks apart, how funny is that ), and she´s getting a bit frustrated .

Metalgirl: I was not sure how close to the scalp i should place the shrinkies, so i put them in a little tight, so she could wear it longer. I´ll loosen them next time.

Blondie718: Its PlastikHaar, and the white is Schnee Weis.
You can get it from http://www.plastikhaar.com/shop/index.php

Mochachip: Sounds like I better get me one of those razor-things.
I have been looking at a razorknife, but anywhere in denmark the prices goes from $66 to $166. Both is way more than I would like to spend.
The green is Gras Grün ( http://plastikhaar.ch/shop/product_info.php?cPath=40_25_30&a mp;products_id=48&osCsid=7bbe77f8978afa828beb6a8b61985c3 1).

And thank you all so much for your time and helpfull advise .

/S

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:40pm
nonono you want a razor that costs like $5. 

I knew it gras gruen.  Love that color.  doesn't wear well on me unless i have blue shades with it.  still love it.

I can't believe you are doing this witha  3 month old around.  I can't believe you are doing anything but taking care of that baby witha  3 month old around.
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 3:06am

Originally posted by mochachip mochachip wrote:

nonono you want a razor that costs like $5. 

I knew it gras gruen.  Love that color.  doesn't wear well on me unless i have blue shades with it.  still love it.

I can't believe you are doing this witha  3 month old around.  I can't believe you are doing anything but taking care of that baby witha  3 month old around.

Do you know anywhere I can buy one of those $5 razors my mailorder?

And thank you. My babyboy is so happy and easy, and let mommy do other things than talking to him.
It is my second child, maybe thats why in get a little more done .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic