Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ahhhh, my hair turned grey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ahhhh, my hair turned grey
    Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:37pm

Ok, I'm in Sweden until September when school starts... and there's no Sallys around here. But there is hair dye at stores. I had a very light blonde a few weeks ago, but I thought it was too light, so I got a medium blonde. But it turned really yellowy and brassy, so here in Sweden I went and bought extra light ash blonde. So I put it in my hair, and it turned almost white but it looks gray! I don't want to color my hair any more, it's really starting to get damaged. Is there any way I can fade it a bit? If the gray fades out it will be a nice almost white blonde

here is my old post with the pictures, I didn't bring my camera with me here

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32273 &PN=2

Edited by malibubabe
Emilie
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:47pm
I 'd say wait it out and see what happens. I had the same problem and I couldn't bare to have the blue/grey hair. I dyed it Choclate brown, it all washed out in a few months and I had blonde. I used Cool Blonde and got grey.
I just used Extra Light Ash blonde and it worked out wonders for me, but I had orange hair to contend with. Hmmm, wash it out with Clarfying shampoo, try the Pantene stuff. It is hairdye so it will fade and wash out.

Dont' worry it won't last long. :)
~* Bambi Lee *~
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:56am
Are these permanent dyes you've been using? The ammonia in the process damages your hair. You had such lovely natural blond hair, it would be a shame to wreck it.

The color you used was purple-based. It was intended to counteract excess brassiness.

If you can get a yellow based demi- or semipermanent color, it would counteract the gray and make your hair blond-looking again. Perhaps you could get this done in a salon.

Or you could just wait til you get home.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 5:10pm
well I mixed together baking soda and dish soap and scrubbed it into my hair and left it in for like 30 minutes. It looks really good actually, it doesn't look grey anymore. Only it's SO DRY. I also have breakage on the top layer, there's some parts that's only like 3 inches long and the rest of my hair is a few inches past my shoulders... it looks kinda bad. oh well
Emilie
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 12:17am
^the dish soap probably took the moisture out of your hair causing it to be dry and start to break off. I suggest extra virgin olive oil to take out the dryness. But be sure to wash it afterwards so it wont be greasy

Edited by BlackLace
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic