Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Facial treatments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facial treatments
    Posted: July 21 2005 at 8:59pm

Hello...I would like to start a daily regimen for my face and I was wondering ppl can explain the differences of all these treatments. I'm confused by all of these so help me out....

scrubs(exfoliate)...toners......microdermabrasions...ect

I would like to know the benefits, when should they be used (in what particular order), and how often

thanks

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 7:14pm
anyone??????????????
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 12:16am
What kind of problems have you got? Oily scin, scars, acne, blackheads? Depending on this you will be able to deside which treatment is best suited for you. 
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 5:15pm

the problem for me is not necesarily knowing what treatment best suites me....my problem is understanding the benefits and order of various facial treatments. For example I have acne and leftover acne scars. I have been using Neutrogena cream cleanser twice daily. it works but then once a week my face starts to breakout again. so am what am I missing...should i use a toner afterwards....should i scrub (how often) and so forth.

thanks

Edited by oskana
Carlotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 9:41am
Hey oskana
 The order of skincare is usually wash/scrub, cleanse, tone + then moisturise. However, a lot of people (me included) don't bother with toners because they can just cause the cleanser to wash off and don't particularly benefit your skin. 
    If you have dry skin then you should use scrub as it scrubs off dry skin and leaves you with clear, bright skin. If you have oily skin, though, it would be best to use face wash specially for oily skin (clean and clear foam face wash is good).
   You should wash, cleanse and moisturise twice a day (morning + night). If you want to use scrub though, you should only use it every other day as it can be harsh on skin if used too often. Hope this helps!

Chaz xx

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 11:57am

If you are acne prone, then too much caring can be contraproductive and cause more problems. Try cleaning well in the evening and just rinsing with water in the morning - and beware of picking and squeezing! Your face will not get dirty during the night, and any excess grease will come off well with water and a toweldrying.

Perhaps you should see a skin therapist to hear what an expert has to say about it? And there are a lot of good books out there on how to care for your face - just go to the online Amazon bookstore and I´m sure you will find plenty. I got the big Vogue book on beauty care and everything in the 80´s - perhaps they have an updated version?

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 11:11am
thank you guys...great help
jstpeachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstpeachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 1:34pm

Oskana,

Sometimes trying a new face cleanser helps. Neutrogena works great, and then Aveda makes some good skin cleansers too. Sometimes your skin will react better to one product over another.

sxylisa2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxylisa2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 3:52am
Nivea Visage have the ocean fresh range out, iv tried it and its very very good, its suitable for all skin types. The whole set is a cleansing gel, freshening toner, moisturing cream and exfoliating scrub. My whole family can use it and its had brilliant effects on my dry skin and my sisters acne in just a week. I reccomend it.
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 9:21pm

thanks guys....great info that will surely help me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic