Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want to chop off all my hair...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to chop off all my hair...
    Posted: July 22 2005 at 9:11pm
I feel really strange, but I really want to cut my hair, for the sheer thrill of it, and to see what it would look like. I was talking to a girl who had waist length black hair who cut it all off to her cheekbones, on a whim at cure concert, and it just seems like the sexiest thing ever to do.

But I much like longer hair, and really want it down to my waist. I'm so confused.

I never got to have a "good" short style while growing out either.

It's not really long enough though for a big cut to be that drastic. Hoping it grows a lot between now and next summer, I might cut it short then, get rid of the damaged hair so I can bleach it all blonde.

How long do extensions last? I was thinking of getting them down to my waist after I got bored with short hair. Ideally I'd love to have it down to my waist before cutting it off...

I am never going shorter than my chin, or cheekbone at most, ever, though, I'm not a big fan of short short hair, and I'd look like a guy (again). I absolutely adore my hair and would feel suicidal if it was *all* gone.

Sorry, I'm just in one of those weird and dangerous moods today.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 10:13pm
Sounds like your just having an off day.Never cut your hair on a whim.Especially since you sound so undecided.Give it a week or two,and if the desire to cut it all off is still there then go for it.I cant count how many times I cut bangs into my hair,loved it for a day,and then wore them pulled back with pins and clips until they grew back out.This is something you should think long and hard about .
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 6:28am
I wouldn't mind bangs.

I don't know. I think the extensions thing might be a good idea. But they'd have to last long enough for my hair to be reasonably long on it's own.
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 11:21am

There are these video things at some salons called....um....geez....well, they take your picture and then you can pick out different hairstyles (video imaging) and see yourself with all hair types and lengths.  So you could call different salons or google "video hair imaging" and find a salon that does it.  Also, you can do this for free on the Ladies Home Journal website, if you have a digital camera and can download a picture of yourself to their site.

From what you've said, it sounds like you already regret your short hair that you don't have yet.

Edited by eatgreenjello

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 11:56am
I really want to try cutting it off some day though, especially to get rid of the damaged hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:17pm
Rosalie, it is natural to be curious. But even though you are antsy for a cut now, you still say you like it long. Be *sure* before you cut, b/c the "thrill" will not last for three or four years, until it grows back again. Also, 90% of the time when I hear women talk about their "damaged" hair, at least to my eyes, the problem is grossly exagerated. Having said this, YOU must be happy with your hair, so I wish you the best.  Bob
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:17pm

Or... you can do in-between, and trim just a small amount each month until the damage is removed. That way your length will at least stay relatively the same.

but I'm biased.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:23am
I like long hair, but I think I'd like ot make myself appreciate it more.

I think I'll get extensions if it's slow to grow back, how long will those last?
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:26am
Just to point out I want to bleach my hair light blonde which would be impossible on my current hair.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 3:57pm
Hi, I've decided I'm making the big chop, but not until next year. I realised that although I'm extremely attatched to my hair, having it to my chin just feels like another shape of it to me rather than defacing it.

http://www.1001-hairstyles.com/large-images/ml1n62.jpg

I really like that style, I think it would suit me.

But this -

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail.asp?Colors=1&Te xtures=2&Lengths=2&btnSearch=Search&Genders=255& amp;SortBy=0&Styles=255&FaceShapes=255&ID=4291

This is absolutely perfect. I'd prefer it in platinum though. That style makes me consider doing it around Christmas instead of next year, depending on how fast it grows.

One of the main things is that I'm a transgender and I'll have been on HRT for a month or two by then, and I didn't want to feel less feminine. But I don't think the extra length makes me that much more feminine if I style the shorter hair right. Plus, I'll be growing it out anyway, it will be fun to have my hair grow with everything else, and I might just get extensions down to my waist.

I can't wait until next year. I'm going to chop it all off myself but get it tidied and styled at the hairdressers, so I'll make sure not to go overboard. I'll possibly bleach it myself too, not sure on that yet.

For now, I'm just going to continue to grow my hair, I might fix the bits I missed tonight when dying it red.

Wish me luck in a years' time :)
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 4:14pm
Damn, I really do like the style of that hair better than mine... i think I prefer big hair rather than long hair on me, though I do intend to have *big* very long hair someday, unfortunately I can't get away with it so much now..
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 5:38pm

Rosalie, whether you get extensions, a cut, whatever, a big (((hug))) to you and best wishes.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 5:39pm
Thank you :) I think I'll get the cut eventually, I can't wait. But I'm still a long hair person, and I'll grow it out. Imagine growing that hairstyle out! Fun XD
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:28am
Most of the Irish people I knew, always had short hair.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:39pm
Really? How strange :/

I don't like short hair as a fad, the hairstyle I want doesn't really look that short(since it's so big). Short hair should only be if you really want it.

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail.asp?Colors=1&Te %20xtures=2&Lengths=2&btnSearch=Search&Genders=2 55&%20amp;SortBy=0&Styles=255&FaceShapes=255& ;ID=4291

Can you see it now?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:14am

Rosalie,

Where do you live?

Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 6:01pm
Ireland.

I'm still thinking about it to be honest, but not in the "OMG MY LIFE IS OVER MY HAIR IS GONE" Kind of way. I would have been like that a while ago, and I'd still stab anyone who tries to cut my hair without my consent.

If I get this done, it has to be done right. I don't want my hair to be messed up, it's my only pretty thing.

I might just fluff up my hair at the lenght it is now instead... any suggestions as to how to do that?

I might get a wig like that at some stage... playing with wigs look fun. If I cut it, I'll get a long wig instead :)
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:45am
How long is your hair, Rosalie?
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:06pm
Nearly boobie length.

And it's not actually as damaged as I thought it was, I had to redye it because I missed bits, and the bits still didn't tae ;/ So i have one or two strands to bleach altogther. Luckily I got my roots done properly this time.
It'd be way cooler to wait until it's longer so it'd be more dramatic. It depends really. I might or I might not :) Just as long as it's not too short I'm happy.
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:34pm

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

I cant count how many times I cut bangs into my hair,loved it for a day,and then wore them pulled back with pins and clips until they grew back out.

Me too.

Mels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic