Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair coloring help needed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair coloring help needed.
    Posted: July 25 2005 at 6:42pm
Hi, so I bought some hair from ebay, (here is what I bought) They claim it to be 100% human remy indian hair http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=67748 65537&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anyways, I am trying to lighten it to a level 5.  It looks like a 1b/2.  I tried using a level 30 perioxide with a 5 color and nothing happend.  I let it set for 45 mins, and it looks the same.  So, I tried just putting the proxide on the hair thinking that it would lighten it up, and nothing.  I have never used self mixing color before, I have always bought a box, but thought that this would be the way to go to get the same color of my natural hair.  What do I do??????  Help!!!

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 8:34pm

that doesnt make any sense.If it were virgin remy it should have lifted.I could see it being a little stubborn,but not lifting at all.Sounds like you will have to use bleach and then use a demi to get the color you want.I'm confused though.I saw some hair listed for $20 for lb.Then lower down I saw It listed for almost $300.Which is the real one.I'd assume the more expensive one.I'm sorry you bought from them Indian hair /Rk hair has genuine remy you can buy.and for a fraction of what this ebay site is selling.Plus I know from experience it takes color well.

Edited by Longhairdreams
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 9:26pm

the $20 for the lb is the auction starting bid, and the $300 is the buy it now price. maybe it is possible to get the $20 price and that would be absolutely amazing but only if no one else bids on the hair. People on ebay are devouring any type of hair they can buy so it probably wont go for that cheap. But I have 2 say that would be pretty amazing tho.

I agree LHD, the hair should have responded to the peroxide. I think bleaching and demi is the best route to go. sorry for the inconvenience(sp?) of the hair color not lifting. It truly doesnt make any sense because the hair has never been chemically touched b4.

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 10:43pm

Ok, so what do I need to buy and how do I do it?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic