Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Online OUT of CURLY BLACK WEAVE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dancepassion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Online OUT of CURLY BLACK WEAVE!
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 12:21pm
Have gone to EP and Glamour and both out of deep wave (curly) colors 1 or 1B machine wefted for weave!  Does anyone know where I can purchase this (good quality)???  Anyone know why that particular one is out??  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Am willing to pay for good hair but need it in 2-3 weeks.  THANKS
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 12:58pm

I talked to EP yesterday about curly hair and they told me to call back on wednesday when they got another shipment.  How curly of hair are we talking? Im always in search for the perfect curly hair myself. But I like it very bouncy, defined curls. NatureGirl is frickin fantabulous if you like really curly hair.  But its expensive as hell.   I ordered RK Hair in deepwave and supercurly and I don't recommend it. The curls are blah, it sheds, tangles some when its wet and it's processed.  Lots of people here like indianshairs.com for straight hair but I hear the curly isn't so curly most of the time. We ordered hair for a friend here..  www.luxurylocs.net  The site seemed a bit iffy with all those celebrity photos but when she ordered the supercurly she got some very nice curly hair. 

Edited by cherrycoke
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 5:14pm
Link not working. Can you fix that : )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 5:26pm
 Fixed it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 7:54pm
Thanks for the info on EP, CherryCoke. I will call them tomorrow. I have been wearing a deep wave, curly from Glamour, Hairpiece and His and Her for past 10 years. Wanted to try EP as I heard they were good. I am not sure about Ebonyline. After reading various posts, am not too crazy about trying RK, either.  What about Hawaiinhair.com.?? There were some posts awhile ago about them but haven't really seen any reviews. I know they are expensive. I have been wearing a traditional sewn in weave with curly black #1 and have been happy with it combined with my natural curly hair.  I have been moderately happy with Glamour as long as the hair is well taken care of (weekly deep conditioning).  THANKS AGAIN TO ALL MEMBERS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! You all deserve a big hand for all the info you share!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:18pm

http://www.hawaiianhairextensions.com/

That stuff is WAY expensive.  I have seen that site before. I think I read a review somewhere and I think they said it had a lot of dry ends, but I don't really remember.  For that price, I think I would try nature girl instead just because so many people who've used it have been so happy.  They will match your curl especially for you too. I sent a lot of pictures of exactly the kind of curls I wanted and they picked out the perfect curls for me and I'm a tough customer when it comes to my ringlets. :)  I have naturally curly hair too and this stuff looks exactly like mine. I have used his and hers hair before too and it's total poo compared to nature girl.  Also his and hers deep curl doesn't have that natural type of curl to it, it never blended well in my hair and I ended up having to braid up a lot more of my own hair to blend.  Now with nature girl I can have a lot of my hair out because it mixes in with it so naturally.  I've read a lot of good stuff about EP's naturally curly hair, I definitely wanted to see a sample because it is so much cheaper than naturegirl. Even though I adore naturegirl, I can't help but feel so guilty about how much it costs.  Everytime a strand comes out in my brush I'm hearing cha ching there's a dollar! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:27pm
Looked at Nature Girl site - is their smooth texture ("A") really smooth (I am caucasian).  Also, how wavy is their "wavy?"  Does their hair loose any curl over time??  As I currently cover all my hair with the weave I can go with either wavy or curly.  Their curly looks very curly.  Where on their website can you order the color you want (it's late and I must be blind)??   I assume you do need the amount of wefts they state for a full weave (12-14 wefts)?  I would need to order by July 30th as they go on vacation until Sept. 1.  LOOKING FOR HAIR SHOULDN'T BE THIS TOUGH!!!
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:51pm
I think the smooth is pretty smooth.

Edit: this is NG 2b wavy after wash and air dry

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 11:34pm
NatureGirl doesn't have custom colors yet, but the rep told me they were planning too very soon.  The hair I got was very very black.  Now might be a bad time to order from nature girl since they will be leaving soon for an entire month and probably don't have as much stock to chose from.  I am caucasian too but my hair definitely has more of a frizzy textured look to it, not that shiny smooth caucasian texture.  I'm not sure just how smooth you can get their curly.  Let me know what EP says about their stock tomorrow if you call.  EP curly hair seems to be smoother type curls and it comes in some custom colors.  I've never tried it, but I have read many good reviews on it.  I think I have read some bad reviews on the EP software line, but not really the zigzag curl.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:00am
Thanks for the photo -very helpful!  I assume 2b is their black or very black??  Regarding the software vs. zigzag, I asked EP about the difference and they said the zigzag was coarser! I don't recall seeing bad stuff on here about the software.  I will call EP in the afternoon today after I get back from a weave tightening appt.  From your description, we seem to have the same type of hair.  Talk to you later...thanks, again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 11:05am
Originally posted by dancepassion dancepassion wrote:

Thanks for the photo -very helpful!  I assume 2b is their black or very black?? 

dance, I'm not sure if I understand your question, but NG 2b wavy refers to the curl pattern/texture description not the color.

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 12:20pm

I believe the negative reviews I read about the Softwear line were all on blackhairmedia board.  They also said there was a note that said made in china on the hair?  But the zigzag hair is supposedly from india-- NOt sure. I have no facts just what I read from multiple boards.  I called EP today and they did have a new shipment of hair. They say they usually get one a week.  They didnt have any 24 inch very curly hair again, which was what I was asking about.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 3:06pm

I called EP as well and they said they didn't get in any Softwear black curly.  "Elizabeth" at EP did state that the zigzag IS curlier and coarser than the Softwear (another rep from EP told me the same thing yesterday). They did confirm, also, that they get new shipments in every Wed.  It looks like my current choices are Ebonyline or NG.  CAN ANYONE COMPARE THEM AND GET BACK TO ME?  Thanks so much!

Koffee, Thanks for the input!  On the NG site I didn't see where you can specify the color you want on their order form - it may be right in front of me and I am just missing it. Can you help??

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 3:56pm
Dance, what length do you need and how much?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:05pm
If you do decide to go with NG, I recommend not ordering until you talk to someone and make sure the hair is available and can get there in a timely manner.  My order did take about a week for them to find the perfect hair for me and then another 2 days to ship from spain.  With them taking a month off, I don't know if you'd get your hair in time. NG does NOT offer custom colors on their site yet, but she did tell me through email not long ago that they were going to offer if and that I could have it done on my next shipment if I wanted.  I think she said $75 extra for that, but don't quote me on it.   They are usually really quick at answering their email.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

They are usually really quick at answering their email.

Extremely quick!
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 5:17pm
Thanks, Cherry & Koffee!      Amm, I need 18"-20" #1 or 1B (black) deep wave (curly), machine weft,  about 10 oz. total.  Also, noticed you are in CA. I will be moving back to CA in about 1 month and need a good weaver in the southern CA area, preferably Santa Barbara as that will be closer for me (am moving to San Luis Obispo area (Santa Maria, Avila Beach, Pismo Beach, Atascadero are nearby towns) and doubt there are good weavers there but I will research this).
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:26am
Dance  -just a little piece of advice.... DO NOT GO TO "TALK OF THE TOWN" SALON IN SANTA MARIA.  the girl there (Tami) completely messed up my hair. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 9:04am
thanks so much for the tip, coolAZ.  By the way, are you now in the Phoenix area of AZ?? Just curious as I am in that area now.   If you are in the Phoenix area or have been in the past, who do you recommend there.  I have someone who is fairly good but, as you know, we are always on the lookout for someone who is great!! Thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic