Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OT: acne scars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DarkBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT: acne scars
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:16pm
what products are good that get rid red of acne scars for a dark complexion? Thank you! ( I know this isn't hair related, but, oh well...) :)
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:21pm
ohh oooh Black and Beautiful brand Cocoa Butter stick from Wal-Mart for the everyday low price of 93 cents!  Put it in your palms, rub together to soften it and apply this every night for 3 weeks.  I've actually done this before.
"To each his own"

cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:05pm

hey girl,, ive been using Black Opal Essential Fade
Complex seum,, the one made of once a day use,,
its very fast,, even better than expensive
prescriptions ive used,, give it a shot,, i get reddish
purple acne marks but i have light skin,, it should
still work for dark skin though........
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:07am
I have been using ZapZyt acne face wash  for face and body and my blemishes that I had are leaving some are gone completely. I have only been using it for 1 month now and it was about $3.00.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 11:53am
where did you get it from CME? also, has anyone heard of ths drugstore brand similar to proactive? its called AcneFree and its only 15.99

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 1:13pm
Thanks a bunch ladies!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:00pm
Also, I was wondering if vitamin E helped our skin type with acne scars? I went to some other boards (mostly of the white decent) and it said that worked well...
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 10:23pm

i'm not so sure about vitamin E..i've tried a lot of products..there's one on the market from Neutrogena, called the acne fade peel..it's good, because it fades the acne scars, and helps prevent new acne from cropping up..i have hormonal acne which can be a bear..right when you think it's over, another one or two big ones pop up..

the acne fade peel is not very expensive..and not drying..there is an acne system that goes with it, but don't bother..it's for pretty serious acne..a few folks in the "skin care" forum have been using it and are keeping each other posted with the results..so far...very good..it's been three weeks and my old acne scars are fading, slowly, but they are fading. thank gawd.

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 12:46pm

you know i am glad u asked this here bec i feel like on the "skin care" forum AA ppl dont visit there that often. although I am greatful for any suggestions it would be better if it came from ppl with my dark skin tone.

anyways has anyone ever used the one by Neutrogena even skin tone( i think thats what its called)...it had gabrielle union on the commercial

Edited by oskana
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 3:28pm
maybe we should have a skin care thread as a sticky...............since you said many AA people dont visit the one on the forum
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 6:03pm
Hair talk has a skin care forum..everyone's on it..it's pretty helpful..the one that gabrielle union has advertised is called "visible image"..be careful  because it's a skin care line..i picked up the moisturizer, and found that there's also a "skin lightener" that you put on before you moisturize..unfortunately, the drug store never stocked it in the first place..just what they ordered - the moisturizer..big lot of good that's going to do..
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:48am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

maybe we should have a skin care thread as a sticky...............since you said many AA people dont visit the one on the forum

I agree.  AA skin care is somewhat different from white.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:54am

Originally posted by DarkBrunette DarkBrunette wrote:

Also, I was wondering if vitamin E helped our skin type with acne scars? I went to some other boards (mostly of the white decent) and it said that worked well...

Vitamin E works wonders!  I swear by it.  a few years ago I had a burn on my face and I started applying vitamin e as soon I got is and thank God you can't even see the burn now.  I truly think it was the vitamin e that did it cuz that was the only think that I used. Make sure to buy the 100% Vitamin E oil with nothing else added, or you can also pop the pills and use that oil but I used the kind in the bottle cuz I think it had more IU's in it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 12:22pm

Does anyone use Black soap?  I love it! 

Ingredients: plantain skins, palm kernel oil, natural solium, cocoa pod, and palm oil.  Used to releive acne, oily skin, clear blemishes. 

It can also be used to wash your hair.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:38pm
yeah i use black soap.......thats what im currently using to wash my face daily

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:50pm

yeah i use black soap.......thats what im currently using to wash my face daily

Me too.  I love it! Where did you get yours from? I also use shea butter afterwards as a moisturizer.

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 12:44am
when u stop using black soap does it have side efects...its intended effects are permanent or do you have to keep using it?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 5:33am

Originally posted by oskana oskana wrote:

when u stop using black soap does it have side efects...its intended effects are permanent or do you have to keep using it?

huh? did you mean it "does it have side effects?" or "it has side effects?" as far as i know, you dont have to use continually. and it doesnt have side effects after you stop using it. i use zee black soap. pokahuntas, do you use shea butter on your body or face? i use black soap for my face only. i need to start using it for my body too. now why didnt i think of that! i used dudu osun when i was younger. there's no difference between the zee and dudu osun

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 2:23pm

I purchased the zapzyt at a store called meijers but you can get it at walmart, walgreens and cvs.   I did use black soap and shea for a while but it only did so much, when I started the zapzyt most of the dark scars from my acne and drinking soda left...It has been about a month or a little longer and my skin is looking good. Make sure to use a moisturizer after wards

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 9:36pm
how does soda cause dark spots. yeah im addicted to coke and i cant stop. im ashamed to admit that i would rather drink coke.........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic