Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Products for Curly Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Products for Curly Hair
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:28pm
Does anyone know if Mousse is bad to use on your hair daily?  If so, what products can be used on curly hair daily that will not cause the hair to feel crunchy or stiff, (like gels).  I like to use Mousse, but I've read somewhere on this forum that using Mousse daily can cause hair breakage.  Is this true?  Thanks for all responses!

Edited by cocoa828
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 6:51pm
try some curling wax or pomade
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 4:19pm
but what hair type are you?
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 6:56pm
wax is very hard to rinse out though
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:40pm
Some mousses have alcohol in them and I just heard today that the propellant in mousse is drying. Do you want something with hold or do you want something like a leave-in conditioner?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
bentonace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bentonace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 1:31pm
read the thread with the topic, need help and assistance with curly hair.  That hair regimen works for me.
"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're gonna feel all day." -Frank Sinatra
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 3:07pm
I have been using a product called Honey (www.phyto-life.com) which is a wax, but a gentle one.  The ingredients are color safe and contain sunscreen if you have color your hair.  I found that a little bit goes a long way, because it can become quite sticky if you use too much.  Holds curl and is anti-frizz.  The only problem is that it's not cheap...Anyone know of something comparable to this product that's not as costly?  I think it's $26.95 for 4 oz...
Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:02am
wow
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by Layla Layla wrote:

Some mousses have alcohol in them and I just heard today that the propellant in mousse is drying. Do you want something with hold or do you want something like a leave-in conditioner?

I looking for a leave-in conditioner not hold. 

Mariposa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mariposa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 3:31pm
It depends if the gel contains alcohol in it. There is a product by sebastian that works pretty for curly hair it's Potion 9. You only need a small dab and it works as well as mousse.
scsaey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scsaey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 1:56pm
I realize it's been awhile since you asked about products, but the best I've found for curly hair is a combination of spray leave-in conditioner (I like Michael Rourke's Whey Better), L'Oreal Professional's Liss Extreme oil scrunched through, then a curl enhancer to balance out the curl (I use Spring Up Styler by Textureline, Curl Memory line), dry with a diffuser and finally a bit of Textureline Material pomade and a final scrunch.  Hair is soft and pliable and can be "refluffed" or whatever needed during the day.  Works well even in windy, rainy conditions.  One final product I recommend is Aquage, Beyond Shine.  It adds extra shine and a bit of moisture to make unruly pieces pliable for the last step - keeps it looking good all day!  I've tried over $500 worth of products in the past 5 years since my hair turned totally curly and I've hardly had a even a semi-bad hair day since I tried these!
cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:54pm
Thanks everyone!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 9:32am
I think I found a product for you. Dual Personality Mousse & Leave-in Conditioner. It makes your hair soft not hard and crunchy. I think it's more of a leave-in than a mousse.
cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by pharrell pharrell wrote:

but what hair type are you?

3C.

cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by Layla Layla wrote:

something like a leave in conditioner.....I do not like my hair to feel hard.

cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by scsaey scsaey wrote:

I realize it's been awhile since you asked about products, but the best I've found for curly hair is a combination of spray leave-in conditioner (I like Michael Rourke's Whey Better), L'Oreal Professional's Liss Extreme oil scrunched through, then a curl enhancer to balance out the curl (I use Spring Up Styler by Textureline, Curl Memory line), dry with a diffuser and finally a bit of Textureline Material pomade and a final scrunch.  Hair is soft and pliable and can be "refluffed" or whatever needed during the day.  Works well even in windy, rainy conditions.  One final product I recommend is Aquage, Beyond Shine.  It adds extra shine and a bit of moisture to make unruly pieces pliable for the last step - keeps it looking good all day!  I've tried over $500 worth of products in the past 5 years since my hair turned totally curly and I've hardly had a even a semi-bad hair day since I tried these!

Where can I buy these products?

scsaey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scsaey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 2:26pm

I realize these products can be hard to find...you can find salons in your area who carry the L'Oreal Professional product by going to:

http://www.lorealprofessionnel.com/index.aspx

Textureline products are carried numerous places:  JC Penney Salons, Walmart Salons, Trade Secrets, Beauty Express, etc.

You can find the Aquage Beyond Shine by finding a Salon near you at http://www.aquage.com/

And finally...the Leave-In Conditioner can be found at www.sexyhair.com.  It is part of their Fresh Concepts line and there is a link that says "Where to buy" and you can look up a salon by zip code.

Or if you're lucky like I am...you might be able to find it all in one place.

FrizzyChick77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrizzyChick77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 10:39am
I've been telling everyone who who will listen about DevaCurl. I use the One Condition everyday and set my curls with the Angell. At first my scalp felt a little oily. The No-Poo (which I use once a week) has no lather or detergents which make your head feel clean but supposedly harm your scalp and hair), but I've gotten used to it and my hair really does look so much better. No more frizz. The products are a little on the expensive side and are not available in many salons but you can get them from their website:http://www.devachansalon.com/devachan/home.html
weetieweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weetieweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 2:03pm
CURLS has a curls enhancer styling lotion that will help your hair stay curly without the crunch.  www.curls.biz
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:07pm
I agree with FrizzyChick about Deva Curl One Condition. I've never used it but I may get it when I run out of the conditioner I have. I've heard people say they use this conditioner and they don't have to put anything else on their hair. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic