Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cover up bad highlights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cover up bad highlights?
    Posted: July 27 2005 at 6:48pm
Hi everyone!  I'm writing this hoping to get some advice.  I have red hair with all-over blonde highlights (curly as well).  I ended up with too much blonde, so decided to do some auburn lowlights, partially.  Well, now my hair seems to have all these different shades of red and blonde and I want to return as close as I can to my natural red shade, maybe keep some blonde highlights.  Should I try to have majority of blonde lowlighted back to normal shade, or just do all over color?  My biggest pet peeve is visible roots.  Please help   !!!!!!!
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:41pm

With hair coloring problems it is always best to go to a coloring expert if you can. ALWAYS. I have tried to fix soo many coloring problems on my own (mostly with red and some blonde) and I messed up my hair soo bad I had to go to the salon and it was a snap for them, of course because they specialize in color .

Highlights are hard to do especially when new roots come in. Of course the ends are already blonde and the roots are dark. Coloring the roots are tricky especially if you do them yourself because you might not get the same color. Are you doing box color or mixing the color yourself? Also, fading does happen so the ends maybe duller while the newly dyed root area will be bright.

If it were me I would do all over color and maybe try using clip in extensions. I know this is a big leap from the subject you were talking about but there are positives. First, you wouldnt have to worry about the root problem! yayyyy . Also you can change up the positions and the colors you have in your hair as either highlights or lowlights. Also, if you do color you would be stuck with it unless you fix it with more chemicals. If you dont like the clip in extensions you can take them out, wash them, and sell them on ebay!!  hair is really really popular on ebay right now =). the clip in extensions only take like 2 minutes to put in and take out and with only using a few for high or low lites it will blend perfectly. Keep in mind if you do go with clip in extensions and are growing your hair out in length, and obviously the extensions dont grow, soo you might need to replace them with longer ones once in a while if you want the color to be the same length. If it were me it wouldnt matter to me as much because the majority of the color is there and if you layer it that would be even better. The only problem with extensions are you can swim with them in. Hope this helps =)

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic