Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair tea? Know any others?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair tea? Know any others?
    Posted: July 29 2005 at 8:23am

Well, when I went to buy my shark cartilage the other day, I saw that GNC sold tea too.  I've been drinking tea for years, and usually get it from Whole Foods Market or something.  The brand is called "Dr. Stuart's Botanical Tea".  The two I'm starting with are called "Skin Purify" and "Detox"(No I don't have a hang-over)

Anyway, the "Skin Purify" has dandelion, and burdock in it.  The "Detox" one has dandelion, burdock, and sage in it. Sage tea I hear is VERY good for stimulating hair growth.I haven't been able to find sage tea anywhere so this tea may be the closest I can get.

Drinking tea with these herbs will take care of the internal stuff as well as get in your water supply since all that tea is, is "herbal water".

"To each his own"

Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 12:22pm
Thanks 4 the info! I've always wondered about different kinds of tea and besides it being a good antioxidant, I also heard about the hair growth. So I decided to get some Lipton Green Tea, but it was terrible! I think I like teas that are fruit-flavored, like lemon tea. I can't seem to find any other fruity teas, just lemon, so if anyone has any recommendations I'd be pleased to know. I usually drink tea in the fall/winter, but in the spring/summer it's time for ICED tea! Crystal Light is my fav!
1 more day until next touch-up

5 more months until bra-strap length
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:34pm
the detox sounds good. you said you saw it at GNC? have you tried it? what does it taste and smell like?
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

the detox sounds good. you said you saw it at GNC? have you tried it? what does it taste and smell like?

it is at GNC,  and yes i've tried it and it's not bad really

it tastes kinda like spearmint/licorce if that makes sense >_<

Oh and by the way, i went to rainbow blossom and they DO have the sage tea and i bought it today.

*jumping with excitment*

I feel bad since i bought the Detox already, but i think it'll use both of them at the same time since the detox already has sage in it, then it won't alter the flavor too much.

I'm a "tea connisouir", so i can drink weird tasting teas without anything added to it.  But, if you don't like the flavor, they suggest to add honey versus regular sugar since honey is good for the skin and hair.

Also, if you can find it, make sage tea by taking four sage leaves, placing them in a cup, and pouring boilng water over them.  Let it sit for five minutes, then scoop out leaves.

Edited by *NOT*Principle
"To each his own"

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:00pm

Sage tea is excellent. My mom has a friend who grows wild sage and she gives it to us by the bundles. I actually like the tea. I've also heard boiling nettles in water and rinsing it over your scalp is great for hair stimulation.

Another good one is Parastroy found at Vitamin Shoppe. It's a detox and de-wormer in one (sounds gross but its a good thing to try). I used it for three weeks in May just to cleanse my system and my hair grew the fastest then and my skin looked very  smoothe.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

Sage tea is excellent. My mom has a friend who grows wild sage and she gives it to us by the bundles. I actually like the tea. I've also heard boiling nettles in water and rinsing it over your scalp is great for hair stimulation.

Another good one is Parastroy found at Vitamin Shoppe. It's a detox and de-wormer in one (sounds gross but its a good thing to try). I used it for three weeks in May just to cleanse my system and my hair grew the fastest then and my skin looked very  smoothe.

heh,.......i heard about this parastroy. people actually see err.....parasite looking htingies and worms in their ah, body outages or whatever . its good to get rid of parasites but i think i would go crazy if i looked and saw thingies crawling in my stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic