Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my damaged curly hair needs help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aces67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aces67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my damaged curly hair needs help please
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 6:59pm

I have naturally wavy hair with no pattern to the wave so I got a perm. Lately I've been flat ironing for a different look. Now my ends look kind of cinged/burnt/breaking. Should I treat my hair with a protein treatment or a deep conditioner?? I'm using a Chi Flat iron with alcohol free Chi serum.

thanks

Amanda

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:09pm

You won't be able to "fix" the ends if they are fried, and it sounds like they are. I think you'll have to cut the damage off. Curly hair can get damaged easily from chemicals and heat styling. Meanwhile, deep conditioning will help prevent further damage.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

You won't be able to "fix" the ends if they are fried, and it sounds like they are. I think you'll have to cut the damage off. Curly hair can get damaged easily from chemicals and heat styling. Meanwhile, deep conditioning will help prevent further damage.

Anais

Do what she says.

I would also suggest that you stop perming and straightening your hair. Let your hair grow natural. When the transitioning process is over, get your hair cut in layers, use gel, and blow dry your hair with a diffuser. Learn to accept your curls/waves. Many people would love to have the hair you do!

DANGER! I drive like you do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic