Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

August Measure-In, for those measuring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August Measure-In, for those measuring
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:35pm
August Measure-In,
for those measuring add yours please.

I'm getting 33 Inches.
I'm going to trim up to an inch on the 20th if things go as planned. My last trim was Feb 19th. That's 4.5 months ago.

This means I am getting at least half an inch per month since I was at 30.5 in March.

Edited by PurpleBubba
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:45pm
Wow Purplebubba!  How long has it taken you to grow your hair to the length that it is?  Right now I have long layers, looking to grow it all one length.  The longest length is the middle of my back though...I got some growin' to do!! 
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 9:02pm
I had neck length hair in 1994 and got it cut to about 3 inches long. I grew that from 94 to late 97 without any trims or cuts. I then went to get a trim and since my hair was so uneven I got probably 6 inches cut off. I don't know how much for real. But at the time it was still long enough to make a ponytail and tuck it under my baseball hat at work.
Then between that trim in 97 and May of 01 I got regular trims and didn't really grow longer. I think the longest I got was about 25 inches.
After May 01 I stopped trimming until March of 04 when I came back online and tried Feye's trimming methods. At that time I was at about 29 Inches. But since I was so rough on my hair it has a lot of what I call undesigned layers aka shorter pieces from ripping at it.
In January I trimmed about 2-3 inches so I was back to about 30 inches. The plan for this year is to trim frequently and try to get those shorter pieces caught up before I go past 36"
I haven't been doing as many trims as I had planned because life got in the way. So I haven't trimmed since Feb or March.

Long story short,
I've been growing off and on since April 94 so it's been 11 years.
I'm now back to my longest ever. Thanks for asking :)

Edited by PurpleBubba
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 11:08pm

My first check-in about 36 inches! :)

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 6:42am
I'm at 24" so I hope netxt August to be at 30".
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:28pm
36 inches. I have not cut it since May of 2004, when I did a radical trim to get it all even. The ends are looking pretty good, I have not been doing much dusting at all.
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:25pm
16 inches, but I am getting a trim on Thursday so it will probably go to 15 1/2 inches. Next August I hope to be at 21 inches.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:39pm

I'm not measuring until All Saint's... but Congratulations on everybody's growth!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:58pm
16.75 inches at the end of July but I couldn't resist measuring just now, and I'm at 17 inches. I know that's crazy...I will get less obsessed as time goes on, I'm sure. So anyway...that's half an inch worth of growth.
Mels
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic