Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warning about True Ceramic Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning about True Ceramic Pro
    Posted: August 02 2005 at 6:34pm
TCP does work great in straightening and smoothing out your hair.  I have extremely thick long hair and this product does work wonders.  Yes, it is very true about the red paint coming off.  Now you wonder if it is really TRUE ceramic plates.  Not only that, I do not recommend this product due to my experience.  Let me tell you about it:  One day I turned on the TCP, but it was not turning on.  I was very upset and then turned it off, walked away, and came back to turn it on and it was on.  This happened two more times, the third time was the charm and the TCP was off for good.  I was angry because it finally broke down on me on the day I really wanted it to work.  Therefore in emergency, I went to a Sally Beauty store and got a Jilbere de Paris Ceramic Straightener for only $37 on sale.  This straightener works just as good as TCP if not better.  What a fantastic price and it works beautifully.  Remember I have extremely long thick hair.  Only if I found this iron earlier.  I called customer service for TCP and found out I could not get my money back because I was pass the 30-day mark.  The only thing they could do was send me a new one.  I tried very hard in getting my money back.  I explained I didn't want a new one becaue if it happens again, I did not want to deal with returning it back and forth.  This stinks, because I will have a $119 TCP that I do not need, because I perfer the Jilbere.  So overall, DO NOT BUY TCP WHEN YOU CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS FOR A LOT LESS.    I'm trying to post my experience as many times about TCP because its not very reliable.  The Jilbere is a great investment and I bought it for only $37, I wish I found this before, could of saved me money. 

I'm sending this out to save you guys money and hassle.  Any more questions about my experience or about Jilbere e-mail me.

Hope this was helpful!

Edited by Melrose
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:34pm

Thanks for sharing your experience  Out of curiosity, how long is your hair??

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:47pm
K, I tried to measure my hair because I really don't know.  After measuring my hair its about 20 inches from scalp to end. 
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 4:41pm
Melrose, you could accept another tcp iron from them, then return it for a refund...right? Or sell it on ebay, those straightening irons, a lot of ppl. bid on them..When I decided on a good quality iron, it came to ukhairdressers ceramic and tcp. Good thing I ordered the former and not the latter.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 6:13pm
I'm am getting the replacement.  I mean come on, not going to pay over $119 for nothing.  Customer service said I won't be able to get my money back because of the 30-day mark is passed (from the date I purchase or received it) - Probably not counting from the day I purchased it because it took soooo long to receive it -  he he.  Also the six month warranty starts over once I get my new TCP.  Which sucks because  I might have to return it again, even if nothings wrong, just to make sure I always have a warranty on it.  Knowing my luck it will break when the six month warranty is up.  Which makes you wonder why the warranty is only six months.

I would like to sell it and get rid of it. I did look at eBay, but I never used eBay and it looks confusing and a big hassle.  Also I don't want to sell something that I don't believe in.  TCP does work like it says but its not very realiable, Plus you can get something for a lot less for the same results. 

Edited by Melrose
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:40am
i also am currently using the jilbere ceramic iron. my plate width is only 1/2 of an inch, and it works incredibly well. it becomes completely straight, and completely humidity resistant. and also, if the hair becomes slightly damp (for some random reason like sweating ) it does not re curl. however, if it becomes completely soaked, you can bet you bottom dollor that curlies are comin back.

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:00pm
The size of my Jilbere is 2 1/2 inches.  I was skeptical buying this big of a size, because of how big it looks.  But it was a good choice because my hair is so thick, I can grab onto large sections of my hair.  If I was using the size of TCP I would have to use smaller sections and it would take longer.  With the bigger size its a lot faster.

Of course when your hair is completely wet it will go back where it is.  Its like taking a shower, your hair gets completely wet.  Your going to have to restyle it again.  However, using the iron I have noticed when I blow dry my hair its becomeing a lot less frizzy.  Also with the Jilbere, the next day my hair still looks great, with the TCP my hair becomes a little more frizzy.  
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 12:50am
Ok, I posted my thoughts about TCP on the day I tried to get my money back, which they said I could only get a new one.  Well, guess what I still have not received my replacement.  I called them August 2nd and now its Sept. 1st.  All, I have to say is that their customer service bits the big one.  It takes them forever to ship something out to you. I didn't even receive my first TCP 5 weeks + after ordering it.  Again, I hate TCP!!
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 10:35am
Sedu is the best flat iron. Superior, fast results without damage. They don't short out like the Chi or TCP. Worth the money.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 1:09pm
I have to agree with Thorn, nothing beats Sedu! It is a Miracle. Super fast, no damage, and lots of shine. Worth every penny. I've had mine for a year and never had any problems.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 10:16pm
Oh, I have found a great straight iron, a Jilbere, for an excellent price $37 on sale.  I just want to warn people about TCP and tell them not to buy this unreliable product.  And again, I still have not received my replacement, I'm going to call them soon and complain about it.  Wish me luck.  
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 8:40pm
Good luck!. One warning about the Jilbere, eventually it causes alot of damage and really dries out your hair. Make sure to use protein treatments and do ALOT of deep conditioning. Also use a real good heat protectant. I use Redken heat glide and Matrix smoothing iron spray and they work great.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 12:11am
Yeah I know, but all flat irons are going to cause damage if you don't take care of it.  I like the Jilbere because of the great price and it works just like TCP, Sedu or any other very expensive flat iron.  I'd rather pay $37-40 instead of $100+ for the same results.  I just put out my experience to show that people don't have to pay a fortune for a great flat iron.  If only I had this information before I spent over $100 on a TCP that breaks down on me. I could of saved myself a lot of money with this advice.  The Sally Beauty store where I got my Jilbere suggested on using a spray to protect me from heat damage.  I use Straight Ion anti-frizz solutions heat protection ($5.99) and it works great on my hair.  It leaves my hair looking shiny and healthy.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic