Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EMO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashleyxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMO
    Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:02pm

I would really like to state my opinion on this over used fashion statement I love going to shows and my favorite bands are mostly labeled as "emo" although i dont consider them "emo" at all (the faint, gatsbys american dream, transplants, the academy is, capulet etc.) recently i went to warped tour and i realized that i was seeing the most un attractive people ive ever come across in my life please kids stop trying to make yourself look un appealing I have always agreed that music deffinitly influences fashion, but to all you emo listeners stop buying tight jeans and beat up concert tees look for unique pieces that will express your point of view as far as music goes also this cliche needs to end ...anyone agree? disagree?ha scene kids come beat me up

-ashley

ashleyxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:49pm

also i forgot to add ...

as far as im concerned any type of music should consist of emotion and if sappy love songs are considered emo britney spears is "emo"hooray!also depression is a state of mind not something you can wear on your shirt if the world is cruel and un fair then please kill your selves and do us all a favor..yes that was harsh and maybe un called for but please note that emo is fashionable and teenagers like to be considered fashionable and that is fine but if you are going to dress the part please admit that you are in no way to be considered one of a kind but reality is that you are just one in a million

LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:35pm
I agree except for the suicide comment... yeah, that was a little harsh.
I've never been there before but all but one of my friends have at one
time or still are "clinically depressed with suicidal tendencies" so I am very
sensitive to the subject.

HOWEVER... one thing I hate are people like Ashlee Simpson who try to
lable themselves before the public does. Hello, MTV nominated you for
best POP video so stop saying you're rock and whoever gave her the idea
that her TRASH shounds like THE Garbage needs a slap in the head.

Punk used to be expressing yourself against the government and
conformists... now it's BEING a conformist! Because of this, prep is the
new punk because people are more afraid to be labeled prep than punk.

We need more people like Gwen Stefani, P!nk and Rob Thomas... who
have individual unique styles and refuse to be labeled.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic