Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT DO I DO?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bayleevanilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayleevanilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT DO I DO?
    Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:46pm
ok well, i have been keeping my hair dark brown for the last 8 months,
last night i wanted to go back to my natural colour blonde. I bought an at
home dying kit. Well it didnt turn out so good: my roots ,which were
growing in, dyed the blonde colour, and the brown just lighten up a bit,
IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. my problem is that i always dye my hair every 2
month to keep the brown, now i just dyed it last night, i need to dye it
back brown ( which i love, dont know y i went to blonde again), im just
wondering if it is bad to dye my hair AGAIN, my friend told me it could
fall out, becuase i dye it so much... is that true? can i dye it in the
next few days?(or just keep it up in a pony tail for a month ) how bad will
the damage to my hair and scalp be if i dye it again. Im 17 and
can already tell my hair is thinning and dried out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:01pm

Okay. Well, color doesn't lighten color. So when you placed the lighter color on, it wasn't going to be able to really lighten the color you had already put on there.

The easiest thing would be to lift the color with a color remover and then replace it with a blonde color, BUT you will almost certainly suffer more damage.

I would get to a professional if I were you. Even if you do it yourself (with stuff from Sally's), here's what you need to do:

1. Lift the color with a color remover. Your hair will be an odd pinkish-orangeish color probably, since the previous colorings have opened the cuticle and removed much of your natural color.

2. Use  FILLER. You MUST use a filler. Otherwise you're putting color on porous hair; it will initially take way too dark, then all seep out shampooing by shampooing until you're left again with orange hair, only it will be more damaged each time. So use the filler to make your hair less porous.

3. Color your hair back to your natural color. ETA: Oops, or back to brown (I just re-read your post and saw you wanted it brown again).

Edited by goddess_mels
Mels
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 2:04am
if youre going for brown, there is no need to remove the color first. just go ahead and get yourself a semipermanent brown color that is the same shade as your ends. (dont be fooled by otc brands like natural instincts, they are demi permanents. you need a truly semi permanent color. that you will need to get at sally's.) and for future reference, you do not need to do permanent colors to go darker. you will only need a semi or even a demi. these are more permanent when going darker than just adjusting one or two levels. and they will not damage the hair, so you can dye previously dyed hair as many times as you want to.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic